• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ghostbusters

When we had our first son Devo was still going strong so the nickname for the first was Spud Boy. That out of the way, we went to see Ghostbusters at the drive in because we couldn't get (wife didn't trust) any babysitter so Spud Boy is in the back seat happy as can be all the way up to the start of the first movie staring Robin Williams and Walter Mathau called The Survivors, a true piece of crap film.

So about half the way in Spud Boy starts screaming, blood curdling screaming and he just won't stop. It was so bad the cars next to us pulled out and found somewhere else to park. He just kept going and nothing seemed to solve the problem. We did the diaper check, tried the bottle, tried the boobie, tried hugs, bouncing on knee, even turned off the sound to the film and he just wouldn't stop crying for a good forty minutes then passed out.

The Survivors has just ended, I am frazzled to no end and hoping he doesn't wake up for the feature film Ghostbusters. Well he was sleeping soundly and we get to the part where Venkman has him spotted in the hallway, "Ugly little spud isn't he." "He can hear you, Ray" screams, and I break out laughing. It is completely uncontrollable and my wife is hitting me saying I will wake the baby and that just makes it worse, I can't breathe and open the car door and fall out onto the pavement. I missed over ten minutes of that film trying to recover and was in serious pain the rest of the film.

Fast forward a year and we are at a friends house and they have a copy of Ghostbusters and we decide to play the movie even though our son is awake. He is completely glued to the tv, this is the greatest thing he has ever seen and when they come up to the ghost in the library, Spud Boy is pointing to the tv saying ghost. He is slowly walking to the tv repeating ghost and then the spirit turns and growls and he freaks and jumps up on the couch burying himself between us and is still saying ghost but this time a little scared. But he doesn't want us to shut it off, he wants to see what happens next.

He fell asleep a little while later and I finally got to see the lost 10 minutes with Spud Boy sleeping on my lap. We got a copy of the movie and Spud Boy and his brothers watched it at least 5 times a week. They even dressed up as the Ghistbusters for Halloween with costumes my wife made complete with embroidered patches on their sleeves and some proton pacs I made.

To this day "Ugly little spud" always makes me smile.

Edited by notti