• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hot dogs - the official thread

Tank

I'll be the asshole. Ketchup and mustard only. Maybe relish, but not often.

But I don't really like pork or whatever hot dogs are made out of. I eat them once every couple months and generally at those custom dog shops where they do shit like put mac and cheese with gravy on them or do custom builds.

Chili and cheese with onions.

Pickles in any form are the devil's cock and sauerkraut is his pubes, and they must never soil my weiner.

Jane, you ignorant slut. The mere suggestion that Kraut never belongs on a hot dog is to say Germany is never to enjoy the spring in Paris. It is the natural tuetonic pleasure of matching the savory meaty flavor with a bitter harvest of cabbage soaked in vinegar. The agony and ecstacy all in one bun, provided you don't do something stupid like add ketchup instead of mustard. That would be like sipping a fine wine over looking the view of the Siene while drawing up plans to invade Russia after Halloween.

Don't even get me started on the pickle.

i love a chicago dog, but i'm not a pepper guy, so those get thrown into the nearest trash bin.

i don't get why people are so adamant about no ketchup on a hot dog. i like the flavor, but maybe people see it as something a child would do? don't know, don't care, i'm keeping my ketchup. it matches well with the relish.

one reason i miss throwbacks is because they had a GREAT all beef hot dog. man, that was tasty. 

i love a chicago dog, but i'm not a pepper guy, so those get thrown into the nearest trash bin.

i don't get why people are so adamant about no ketchup on a hot dog. i like the flavor, but maybe people see it as something a child would do? don't know, don't care, i'm keeping my ketchup. it matches well with the relish.

one reason i miss throwbacks is because they had a GREAT all beef hot dog. man, that was tasty. 

yeah in general i don't like ketchup, its just too sweet for me.

but i want it on hotdogs/sausages.

pile on the diced onions, legit deli mustard, ketchup.

boom.

I like ketchup on a dog but I don't have to have it.

If I'm just hooking up a quick dog at home I'll go with ketchup, mustard and sriracha sauce.

Maybe some onions if I have them already chopped up.  Or some chopped jalapenos instead of sriracha.

Fancy dogs are ok too. Chicago style are good with the poppy seed bun, etc.  Been years since I had a Chicago dog though.

Back in the day at Pup 'n Taco I would get Chili Cheese with mustard, onions and sauerkraut.

These days about the only hot dogs I get away from home are at the stadium and it doesn't matter what you put on 'em, they're just not very good.

Theres PCH hot dogs in orange. Ive never been there but heard its real good.

It's a step above Weinerschnitzel.

Anyone who lives in SF knows there's only one dog that matters in the city: bacon wrapped hotdogs streetside at 2am.

IMG_7364.JPG

Those stands are pretty much outlawed in LA because some whining asshole made a complaint about how the bacon was not kept cold enough then not cooked enough so the health department stepped in. The funny part is every street fair has them so once in a while we go to the one in Covina and nab some fresh made tamales and a bacon wrapped dog.

You know what the gourmet here wanted? Hot dogs! You know what they're made of, Chet? Huh? Lips and assholes!

i tell you what I see when i look out there..

i see the undeveloped resources of minnesota, northern wisconsin, and michigan.

i see a syndicated development consortium exploiting over a billion and a half dollars in forest products.

i see a paper mill...

and if the strategic metals are there, a mining operation.

a greenbelt!! between the condos on the lake and a waste management facility focusing on the newest rage in toxic waste: medical refuse.

infected bandages, body parts, iv tubing, contaminated glassware, entrails, syringes, fluids, blood, low grade radioactive waste.

all safely contained sunken in the lake and sealed for centuries.

now i ask you....

what do you see?

Oh boy this is going to be my favorite thread I think. I friggin love hot dogs.

Anyone who lives in SF knows there's only one dog that matters in the city: bacon wrapped hotdogs streetside

There's a lady that sells wieners this way after Angel games in the parking lot at Orangewood and State College. I skip dogs in the park and get one from her after. They also do them all over LA near the clubs, venues. Usually about 5 bucks but so good.

Never understood the "snap" people talk about. Why the hell does a wiener need a snap? I don't need a snap, and that doesn't speak about the quality or taste at all.

We were talking in the burger thread how many could you eat? Bringing that question here, I could probably eat 3 wieners without breaking a sweat.

The past couple years I have replaced ketchup with Sriracha, and it's frigging delish. Mustard, relish, onions (sometimes grilled), chopped bacon. What's really good is cutting them in half long ways so they split open, and putting them on some rye, sourdough, or pumpernickel with some horseradish, crystal hot sauce, mustard, Sriracha, and relish.

Coney dogs are good too, but it depends on the chili. Bacon wrapped are nice as well.

I also enjoy cutting them up into circle pieces and putting them in my scrambled eggs.

Am also a big fan of Chicago dogs with the pickle spear and tomato.

There's pretty much no wiener I won't put in my mouth.