• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

If residential = 10% of overall water use

Are the millions of dollars spent telling people to save water a tactic to mask the real culprits (agricultural inefficiency)?

Used to be 20% a few months ago.  

But per agriculture.  Just like that house in Bel Air that uses 1000 gallons an hour, I'm sure there are those that suck.  And there are most who water quite efficiently.  

Although, I have noticed that in state produce has been sucking recently.  

Here is an idea: build infrastructure that captures storm water instead of sending it to the ocean. Build a few dams (of course, the dems would never go for that, it would upset their friends in the Sierra Club). Stop wasting so much water on preserving the delta smelt.

in a curious development, my front lawn is nice and green even though we've cut back watering to just twice a week. got a few small dead spots, but far fewer than i expected. i always figure that our rain is loaded with all kinds of nutrients for plant life.

in a curious development, my front lawn is nice and green even though we've cut back watering to just twice a week. got a few small dead spots, but far fewer than i expected. i always figure that our rain is loaded with all kinds of nutrients for plant life.

There was a apricot farmer in Northern California that was commenting on watering practices.  He was saying that on his farm, he cut down watering considerably on his farm.  The interesting thing he found out about this was that the apricot's were smaller.  But he said that those apricots were fuller in flavor.  

He pretty much said that consumers equate bigger with better in produce.  And to get bigger, you need to water more.  But in things like fruit, bigger isn't better.  

Am I the only one or does anyone else here want to just go to Wisconsin and steal Nate's water ?

And then, of course, just laugh as a picture is being taken of me sitting on my green lawn.

It would mean I would have to go to Wisconsin.  So no.  

But if he has another tv for sale........And yes Nate it still works.

There was a apricot farmer in Northern California that was commenting on watering practices.  He was saying that on his farm, he cut down watering considerably on his farm.  The interesting thing he found out about this was that the apricot's were smaller.  But he said that those apricots were fuller in flavor.  

He pretty much said that consumers equate bigger with better in produce.  And to get bigger, you need to water more.  But in things like fruit, bigger isn't better.  

Dear Farmer,

No shit. 

Love,

Wine Drinker

The smaller, more concentrated fruits have always had more flavors.  Grapes are a good example.  The yield isn't greater, but the grapes are much fuller in flavors.  I'm really not a wine expert, but I'm guessing 2014 and 2015 will be good vintages.

Dear Farmer,

No shit. 

Love,

Wine Drinker

The smaller, more concentrated fruits have always had more flavors.  Grapes are a good example.  The yield isn't greater, but the grapes are much fuller in flavors.  I'm really not a wine expert, but I'm guessing 2014 and 2015 will be good vintages.

Yes, but next time you go to the grocery store.  Will you buy the smaller fruit and vegetables, or the larger ones?  Especially when say the price is 5 for $1 (although not much seems to be 5 for $1 anymore)?  My guess is, most people, including wine drinkers, would chose the larger ones.  

The apricot farmer actually had to rename his apricots to petite apricots, because people would not buy the smaller ones.