• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

GOP debate

I am definitely implying that poverty is overstated and exaggerated in America.

I don't feel too badly for people who eat, have shelter and clothing, transportation, access to education, etc. Pretty good life in global terms. 

I am legitimately curious where all of these families who don't eat or have clothes or shelter are located. 

Edited by Adam

I lost it when they were implying poor kids aren't malnourished because they weigh more than middle class kids.

I lost it when they were implying poor kids aren't malnourished because they weigh more than middle class kids.

Plenty of well-to-do kids are malnourished too. Statist Dietary recommendations (based on a bunch of crony bullshit primarily) and poor parenting are far more the cause than food stamps, which can be used to purchase fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, etc. 

I can remember my first trip to India...that was probably some of the most eye opening and horrific stuff I have ever seen. People living in trash dumps, kids taking baths in dirty rain gutters, a dead body lying on the side of the road. It was overwhelming.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing more to help the impoverished in our own backyard/country. There are places in the US that don't have running water, electricity, or sewage. Areas in the San Juaquin valley where families have to go in to town to get safe drinking water. There are regions where the poverty levels are probably on par with 3rd world countries (Appalachian region comes to mind). Are they living in ditches...no...but I think we should aspire to be better than a 3rd world country.

I've been to poor countries. My father was poor in a foreign country. We have relative poverty, but not the kind where people worry about eating and sleeping.

When some people are told these facts, they change the criteria of things like "malnourished" to mean healthy food (which is cheaper than hot cheettoes).

Also, how come millions of poor from other countries come here if they're going to experience the same thing?

You'd think after 7 years of Obama we'd be in better shape, poverty-wise.

Perhaps you'd be interested in a guaranteed minimum income, or some other form of social welfare? Why are you even complaining about this? As a conservative you should be clamoring for government to be as small as possible.

If Obama had eradicated poverty, you'd instead be complaining about how big the government has become and how taxpayers are funding the poor lazy sloths of society. 

Edited by failos