• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

"Great" TV Series that you Hate

nate

We are in a tv golden age.  If you hated Breaking Bad, I almost feel you are being obstinate.

Mad Men, I thought, was fantastic as well.  It had a soapy feel at times, but I loved the plot lines.  And there has never been a show that was just so visually stimulating, the dress of the '60s, the gorgeous people... What a treat to watch this show.

This was not a key plot line, but when showed his kids (really just his daughter) where he grew up (a whorehouse), to help her understand him... man, that is great tv.  And always with the perfect song accompanyment at the end.

What a richly textured show... here was the protagonist, who had practically every woman at his beck and call, and yet, his daughter saw right through him.  Great stuff.

Mad Men is, without a doubt, one of the finest TV series of all time. Anyone who equates it with a soap opera is being disingenuous.

Edited by failos

We are in a tv golden age.  If you hated Breaking Bad, I almost feel you are being obstinate.

Mad Men, I thought, was fantastic as well.  It had a soapy feel at times, but I loved the plot lines.  And there has never been a show that was just so visually stimulating, the dress of the '60s, the gorgeous people... What a treat to watch this show.

This was not a key plot line, but when showed his kids (really just his daughter) where he grew up (a whorehouse), to help her understand him... man, that is great tv.  And always with the perfect song accompanyment at the end.

What a richly textured show... here was the protagonist, who had practically every woman at his beck and call, and yet, his daughter saw right through him.  Great stuff.

Couldn't agree more and really well put. There is so much thought, care, and attention to detail with the show (I think he had it before he started writing for The Sopranos) that really comes off and is enticing. It was like a study of the human psyche, but realistic. 

I get why people wouldn't be into it and don't try to sway people. People seem to love it, it's not their thing/don't want to try it, or hate it and prefer super hero/ comic book movies and things like Family Guy.

TV is SO GOOD right now. I can't say it nearly as well as yk said it, but man even shows that aren't at the top of my list are much better than shows in the past. Brandon doesn't like Homeland or grew tired of it, but it is still a very watchable series and I still really like it. Is it as good as the Brody seasons, no, but it is still really good. It isn't as good as Ray Donovan or Fargo, but it is still a solid show.

The first season of Homeland was aces, but I hate when a series runs the same circles like what Walking Dead does. Lost was like that, I thought the first two seasons were some of the best TV I ever watched, then it just got out of hand.

There is so much good shit out there though, I can't even keep up. Excluding shows that are done like Breaking Bad and Mad Men:

Game of Thrones

Ray Donovan

House of Cards

Narcos

Power

Better Call Saul

Peaky Blinders

True Detective

And even things I want to watch but don't have time like finishing Mr. Robot and Fargo.....plus still trying to watch/finish The Shield and Luther.

Even that second tier of shows that I put Sons of Anarchy and Hell on Wheels on are palatable.

House of Cards is great but I thought the last season was not nearly as good as the rest.  **Spoilers** it felt like once he became president they lost a little bit of what made the show so great.  Still can't wait for the new season.

Narcos is amazing.  First season of TD was one of the best TV series I have ever watched.

I thought Breaking Bad was really good but also heavy, I had trouble binge watching it.  The whole cancer and family dynamic hit me in the feels a little too hard.  I never finished it but I totally plan to.

I think Mr. Robot is the next thing we watch.

For the record I can't stand superhero movies and I was a fan of Family Guy early on but it got old quick.  They just repeat the same jokes over and over.

Agreed on House of Cards season 3. It seems more like one of those situations where season 1 and 2 were so good it's hard to keep it up mixed with your spoiler....where does the show go? The other issue is it's a remake of an older BBC show which was only three seasons while this one is copying it but expanding on it too.

I like the show, but am having a hard time finishing Narcos. I'm stuck around episode 6. Like The Shield, not too motivated mixed with a lack of time has me dragging this on.

Breaking Bad seemed to slow in the middle, but overall, it may be the best show ever. I think TV Guide or some prominent publication did a greatest tv shows of all-time and had it #2 and it's justified.

When I finish up on Narcos I think I want to go with Fargo. I respect the praise it's gotten here and in general. Someone mentioned it being noir like and that is extremely interesting. I feel like I can binge two seasons as I've been recording the new season and can Netflix or On Demand season 1.

We like a bunch of the same shit, let me know how Mr. Robot is. 

I liked it after all was said and done. Not as good as the first, but I've come across a lot worse.

They went for the drawn out wtf is going on approach to tying everything up at the end. It kind of worked but was so unexpected from where the first season went it didn't fly well with most.

Agreed on House of Cards season 3. It seems more like one of those situations where season 1 and 2 were so good it's hard to keep it up mixed with your spoiler....where does the show go? The other issue is it's a remake of an older BBC show which was only three seasons while this one is copying it but expanding on it too.

I like the show, but am having a hard time finishing Narcos. I'm stuck around episode 6. Like The Shield, not too motivated mixed with a lack of time has me dragging this on.

Breaking Bad seemed to slow in the middle, but overall, it may be the best show ever. I think TV Guide or some prominent publication did a greatest tv shows of all-time and had it #2 and it's justified.

When I finish up on Narcos I think I want to go with Fargo. I respect the praise it's gotten here and in general. Someone mentioned it being noir like and that is extremely interesting. I feel like I can binge two seasons as I've been recording the new season and can Netflix or On Demand season 1.

We like a bunch of the same shit, let me know how Mr. Robot is. 

good call dude, fargo is the SH*T.

first season was amazing.

second season just started but its equally awesome.

Did anyone finish Season 2 of True Detective?

it was good.

not amazing.

i think they tried to do too much - too many main characters (four this season vs two last season)

fitting in all the background stuff takes more time than they had

also three of the four are essentially the same person. 

much better than most shows out there (although i don't watch that many), but not the best.

Sex in the City

Wife used to watch it and it had to be in the other room. It will make a guy sick.

You obviously didn't watch it long enough. It had boobs in it.

I never got the attraction of Seinfeld, never found it funny.

Friends was useless drivel for the most part.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan