• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

"Great" TV Series that you Hate

nate

The first season of Homeland was aces, but I hate when a series runs the same circles like what Walking Dead does. Lost was like that, I thought the first two seasons were some of the best TV I ever watched, then it just got out of hand.

There is so much good shit out there though, I can't even keep up. Excluding shows that are done like Breaking Bad and Mad Men:

Game of Thrones

Ray Donovan

House of Cards

Narcos

Power

Better Call Saul

Peaky Blinders

True Detective

And even things I want to watch but don't have time like finishing Mr. Robot and Fargo.....plus still trying to watch/finish The Shield and Luther.

Even that second tier of shows that I put Sons of Anarchy and Hell on Wheels on are palatable.

The worst of Homeland is still leagues above the crap that was House of Cards and True Detective most recent seasons.

Edited by Poozy

Luther is so good. Season 4 is only going to be 2 episodes. I think they'll be released within a couple months. I don't know what that means for netflix though

2 episodes? LOL.

"alex, i'll take 'laziness redefined' for a thousand, please."

• 3 weeks later...

TV is SO GOOD right now. I can't say it nearly as well as yk said it, but man even shows that aren't at the top of my list are much better than shows in the past. Brandon doesn't like Homeland or grew tired of it, but it is still a very watchable series and I still really like it. Is it as good as the Brody seasons, no, but it is still really good. It isn't as good as Ray Donovan or Fargo, but it is still a solid show.

I think a lot of this has to do with the variety of channels offering shows now. When it was just the networks, quality was stagnant. Now that all of the premium cable networks film and produce their own shows, then you add Netflix and Amazon to the mix, there are a LOT of options. IMHO, two of the best shows that are currently running are not on "TV" per se. "House of Cards" is on Netflix and "The Man in the High Castle" is on Amazon.

the only 2 network shows i've watched/DVR'd in the past 5 years are parks and rec, and the good wife.  there's been nothing else worth watching. 

thank goodness for premiums and amc.  man in high castle is okay, but transparent is the best show i've seen on amazon. 

I may be biased toward "Man in the High Castle", as I have read the book and generally enjoy the adaptations of Philip K Dick stories. Plus the alternate history aspect fascinates me.

Weird fact about the book: Dick wrote it by using the I Ching. He would let the I Ching determine the route of the next chapter he would write.

I may be biased toward "Man in the High Castle", as I have read the book and generally enjoy the adaptations of Philip K Dick stories. Plus the alternate history aspect fascinates me.

Weird fact about the book: Dick wrote it by using the I Ching. He would let the I Ching determine the route of the next chapter he would write.

George Harrison used the I Ching to write While My Guitar Gently Weeps too.

This. And all the stupid Celebrity Housewives shows.

"great" should never be used to describe anything with a kardashian or a housewife in it, unless you're using the sentence "man, that show is a great big pile of hot steaming crap."

for those who don't know, what is I Ching and how does one use it?

for those who don't know, what is I Ching and how does one use it?

I Ching is an ancient philosophical Chinese text (~3000 years old) that uses cleromancy, the production of seemingly random numbers to interpret divine intent. This is usually in the form of a "hexagram" formed by several sticks thrown on a flat surface.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching

I Ching is an ancient philosophical Chinese text (~3000 years old) that uses cleromancy, the production of seemingly random numbers to interpret divine intent. This is usually in the form of a "hexagram" formed by several sticks thrown on a flat surface.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching

Can it tell when a pitcher is gassed?

Jessica Jones.

The show is just dragging for me. Seems to be a lot of filler and shitty writing.

For the limited amount of action scenes there are, they ****ing suck.

I'm not feeling it either.