• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Latest thing to avoid: Bay Area seafood restaurants

In this instance not talking about a fancy mexican restaurant where it's pricier, cleaner, and you can kinda tell the seafood will be decent to above average quality, this is more about the dumpy hole in the wall places (which being a native Californian is completely normal and typical) that do the meat and other things fairly well.

I walked into a dumpy mexican restaurant a couple weeks ago to get some carne, and right off the bat it smelled funky. Took a look at the menu, and realized I walked into a marisco.

Mexican seafood? No f**kin thanks.

I walked right out. Why anyone would eat seafood at a dumpy mexican joint is beyond me, it just doesn't add up, you're just asking to eat bad old seafood and quite possibly get sick. I'll take the carne asada, chicken, or carnitas, but beyond that count me out. There's just some things some cultures do right at their restaurants, and seafood is most definitely not one of them.

At any given point of a rush hour all full service kitchens are a dump. It is a question of whether the procedures before and after the peak business are attended to determines if you're at risk.

More than likely the shrimp were not deviened and the intestinal track removed properly. Under prepared seafood not handled properly like sitting out too long unrefrigerated would not have cooked away the bacteria in the shrimp causing people to get ill.

I find it doubtful one cook could take out 200 people with a bad butt wipe since that would have rubbed off in the first couple of servings.