• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Terrible movies you like

Glen

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Bobby_Z_Poster.jpg

The Death and Life of Bobby Z, also known as Bobby Z and Let's Kill Bobby Z, is a 2007 American/German action film, directed by John Herzfeld, and starring Paul Walker, Laurence Fishburne, Olivia Wilde and Joaquim de Almeida.

Not a great movie, it went straight to DVD, but last I looked it was available on Netflix. I only know about it because much of it was filmed on the dock in Dana Point harbor where I lived. My boat is in a few scenes. I was sitting in my cabin during many of the action and shoot em up scenes. Got to eat with the cast and crew every day while they were filming and had beers on my boat with Paul and a bunch of the stunt guys most days after filming wrapped up.

Paul Walker was a great guy.

25 minutes ago, ELEVEN said:

Paul Walker was a great guy.

He really was. It's not like we were buddies or anything, but I did see him every day for about a month during filming of that movie. He knew and remembered my name after the first time we met. He took me to the catering tent and told them that I would be eating there whenever I wanted, because they were filming in my back yard and taking up most of my parking lot. The stunt people, the tech crew, the other actors, even the caterers....they all liked him a lot. He hung out and spent his whole day there, where Olivia Wilde and Fishburne usually were only on the set when they had scenes and left right after they were done.

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

He really was. It's not like we were buddies or anything, but I did see him every day for about a month during filming of that movie. He knew and remembered my name after the first time we met. He took me to the catering tent and told them that I would be eating there whenever I wanted, because they were filming in my back yard and taking up most of my parking lot. The stunt people, the tech crew, the other actors, even the caterers....they all liked him a lot. He hung out and spent his whole day there, where Olivia Wilde and Fishburne usually were only on the set when they had scenes and left right after they were done.

That is cool.  I probably already told this story here but...

Back in the late 90s or early 2000s, I can't remember exactly when, I worked in the summers at an Airsoft shop in Arcadia, mostly doing electronics and welding for upgrades... anyway, he lived in the hills in Arcadia and came in one day to buy one of the mini airsoft guns, they have a name but I don't remember what it is now, they shot maybe 50 rounds a minute at a low velocity so they didn't damage anything or really hurt more than a minor sting.  He was really nice and hung out for probably a half hour asking questions about the more high end stuff and talking about cars.  Two days later he came in again to buy another one saying "My dad kept shooting my mom with it so now she wants one for revenge."  He also brought in a signed headshot with a personal message thanking everyone and hung out again for half an hour at least and showed me and another guy that worked there his 911.  He even offered to give me a ride in it but I turned it down like an idiot.

On 11/13/2015 at 10:10 AM, cezero said:

I'll go with a movie that I thought was amazing when I was 11, but I can see now why it was reviewed kind of badly. I still like it, though.  Has the bad guy from Kindergarten Cop.

Three O'Clock High

This was a great movie! Used to have a neighbor that looked just like Buddy Revell.

"Cripple the dick!"

On July 30, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Homebrewer said:

Did you give him any of your homemade brew??

On 7/30/2016 at 4:39 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Theres cheesy 80s action flicks, then there are chuck norris movies.

Then theres this one. Its soooooo stupid, but funny as hell when you consider it was supposed to be taken seriously.

Anything made by golan globas was pretty good. Theres a box set called electric boogaloo i might have to buy someday

220px-Invasionusa.jpg

There's a documentary either on Netflix or Amazon Video about Golan Globus. It's called Electric Boogaloo. Really interesting. Those guys were unique, to say the least. You can read about it here:

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yep, I haven't seen it yet, but that's the box set I was referring to. Has a bunch of smitty classics like bloods port and showdown in little tokyo, plus that doc.

If I ever lose my job, that would bring me happiness for a few weeks as I played the lotto and sold stuff on ebay

The doc is really good. Golan and Globus wholeheartedly believed that they were making top tier, Oscar-worthy films at a certain point in time.

10 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

The doc is really good. Golan and Globus wholeheartedly believed that they were making top tier, Oscar-worthy films at a certain point in time.

.......they weren't?

Let's be fair here. If titanic won best picture, why couldn't delta force? Or missing in action? Or kinjite?