• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Huge Hurricane Heading for Mexico

In the baseball threads, it's called venting and not whining.

In the weather thread, it's concern over 4.5 years of drought and the damage done, and the boredom of constant day after day of the same weather.

Is it better than the East Coast?   Duh.    But it can get boring too, when you like the normal SoCal seasonal changes that haven't happened since 2010-11. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

I heard one woman interviewed on the radio this morning.  She's in Puerto Vallarta.  She said they went and stocked up on water, and they have plenty of groceries in the house.  Then she said something about people standing out in the street chatting but they are taking the hurricane seriously.

The interviewer said it's the worst hurricane in 50 years.

Then she said (paraphrasing), "these storms dissipate when they hit the mountains and we're hoping that will happen this time.  It's hard to know what to expect from what you read on facebook"

-----

Must be nice living in Puerto Vallarta, completely disconnected from any sense of urgency.

That thing is huge.

Scary huge.

Been going to PV since the 70's. Watched that place grow from 5 hotels to maybe 500 (or whatever there are now)

Stretching from Mismaloya (Where they filmed "Night of the Iguana") north to Bucerias (in Nayarit State)

It is now solid neighborhoods and hotels. The way it sits against the mountains with a major river system emptying into the town area..

it could be devastating.

I wouldn't be staying for the party. I've done that in los cabos (east cape)...but there is nothing close to the population there, that there is in PV.

This one is forecast to track inland and to the NE...so no.

Southern Texas and even the gulf states might get the remnants.

The mountains it is heading into are massive, and will break it up, but they are going to get hammered in the process.

"Very Heavy to Torrential" rain forecast.

Not sure I have seen that one on NOAA before.

Edited by Homebrewer