• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fun Stuff

red321

yep...my new favorite is the surcharge they are putting in place so if your spouse can get benefits from their employer, regardless of how bad their coverage might be, you have to pay an extra $1800 a year to cover them under your plan....in the name of fairness of course.

Wait, what?  So if your spouse has coverage under his/her job, you still have to pay a surcharge in the name of fairness?  WTF

Wait, what?  So if your spouse has coverage under his/her job, you still have to pay a surcharge in the name of fairness?  WTF

If my spouse is eligible for coverage through her job, if I choose to cover her on my plan there is a surcharge. I wouldn't have to pay the surcharge if I don't cover her, but then we are forced to have her get significantly worse benefits through her employer.

Another "benefit" of employer based benefits.

If my spouse is eligible for coverage through her job, if I choose to cover her on my plan there is a surcharge. I wouldn't have to pay the surcharge if I don't cover her, but then we are forced to have her get significantly worse benefits through her employer.

I am just wondering, how do they know of her employer's benefits?  Is there a national database?

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't that normal?  I am on my wife's plan, and she has to pay the difference between her coverage and the family plan. 

I am just wondering, how do they know of her employer's benefits?  Is there a national database?

They make you attest during open enrollment and I imagine it would be considered cause if you lied about it.

I'm sure you can lie about it, but the second a significant claim comes in they would attempt to validate and if they determined you were lying that would be grounds for denying the claim.

As for how that would go about, that is an interesting question. Not entirely sure. Guess you would have to weight the risks.

They make you attest during open enrollment and I imagine it would be considered cause if you lied about it.

I'm sure you can lie about it, but the second a significant claim comes in they would attempt to validate and if they determined you were lying that would be grounds for denying the claim.

As for how that would go about, that is an interesting question. Not entirely sure. Guess you would have to weight the risks.

This is exactly what would happen, red.

Insurance investigators are well compensated for a reason.