• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Dominic Brown

KevinJ14

I am sick of you guys pointing out how franchises like KC are a model because they are finally good after 4 decades. You guys know damn well you guys wouldn't tolerate rebuilding and being so bad so long.

I agree with the importance of building the farm. However for me I would rather be the Angels who have had only two losing seasons in 14 years won a WS and an addition of six division titles and almost always playing meaningful baseball in September than the Royals who have ducked during those 12 out of those 14 years.

I'd say the Cardinals would be the model. 

St. Louis Cardinals would be a more appropriate model for the Halos -- for a number of reasons.

for one, St. Louis doesn't go crazy paying huge contracts for Free Agents.

when they signed Holliday back when, it pretty much meant goodbye to Pujols -- they didn't have the money for both -- although -- the Cards made a pretty good offer to keep Pujols -- Angels just wnet over the top.

interesting to see what the Cards do to keep Jason Heyward if anything -- they won't over-spend to keep him.  Cards may extend Trevor Rosenthal their 40 saves plus closer --he's arb eligible and most clubs want to avoid arb with players they want to keep long term.......I would not be surprised if they spent some decent money to extend him.

John Lackey is a F/A - pitched fairly well for St. Louis and could command some big dollars in a free agent market which prizes (and is short on) experienced rotation guys. Some one will over-pay for Lackey.

Halos are somewhat like St. Louis in that (with a few notable and notorious exceptions) Halos not likely to open up check book for high dollar free agents. Cards very reluctant to over-spend on guys and will let them go rather than over-spend to keep them.  Jason Heyward's situation will be interesting to watch.

on Domomic Brown guy -- NO - there's a reason he was released..........lot of K's -- some power, no field.

NO.

The guy I would like to see the Angels pick up is  a guy just released by someone -- perhaps Toronto -- Darwin Barney -- former gold glove MIF for Chicago Cubs.

Started season with the Dodgers who had an over abundance of SS and MIF guys.

Barney was a better fielder than any of the guys we had competing for the 2B job.

I would not be surprised to see St. Louis pick up Barney as a depth MIF/ late inning defensive replacement for Jhonny Peralta who is not exactly a gold glover at SS.

Still not sold on perez' bat (i have battered wife syndrome with our young guys), but his defense looks real good. Would still like to get him someone to back him, vet type. But 2 defense forst catchers arent the end of rhe world, as long as we improve at other spots.

Michael McKenry