• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

If Mike Scioscia Opts Out

Stradling

I'm kind of in the middle. In one hand I feel a little sense of loyalty toward Scioscia and realize how much he has done for this franchise. On the other hand I can't help but feel a fresh face is what this team needs. However, what other better options are there?

I am having a hard time thinking of reasons why Scioscia would opt out and join the dodgers.  

He's already the highest paid manager in baseball.  

He's got more input as a manager with the Angels that he would with any other team

The team we are speculating he would go to actually crapped on him.  You think he remembered the Hatcher firing yet would somehow let go of what the dogs did to him?

They could pay him more.

It's closer to his house?

They have more young talent?  

I think people need to be careful what they wish for.  Sure he's got his nits, but there aren't a lot of future Joe Maddon's or even Mike Scioscia's floating around.  You could just as easily end up with someone way worse.  

I'd rather see the team make some off season adjustments to compliment his style for the next couple of years.  Beef up that pen big time.  Add some players with speed and the ability to hit for average.  

At least you are dealing with a known quantity instead of trying to reinvent the wheel during Trout's contract.  

Also, by all accounts he did a good job this year getting more wins than expected from a team that really didn't have a ton of talent.  Manager's seem much smarter when they have more talent around them.   

Scioscia isn't going to the Dodgers. I don't get why people keep thinking this. He doesn't fit their system at all. He and DiPoto had disagreements. Just imagine how he'd do with Friedman for crying out loud. He's more likely to go back to Philly than be the Dodger's next skip. I do think Scioscia needs to go. His time has run its course. However, I can't think of a manager to take his place. No one is really out there that's established. Bud black?

Methinks Strad is trolling, but I'll bite.

As far as the Angels are concerned, as others have mentioned, it may be time for someone new to lead the team.  It would be beneficial to both Sosh and the team.

As to this board, if he goes this place will be less entertaining in the short term, but I have faith in the posters here to come up with other topics that are way over the top to keep us laughing, shaking our heads, muttering "what?" or just wondering if that person is mentally disabled or drunk.  

There is no one in the Dodgers organization from when they screwed Scioscia over in the minors. So that would no longer be a sticking point.

They pay out like drunken sailors on shore leave so what the Angels owe Scioscia the Dodgers would top just like when they nabbed up Greinke.

He really is a national league style manager on an AL team. There would be no transition problem.

I really can't think of a reason why he wouldn't jump at the chance to basically go home again.

I am not trolling, it is somewhat of a serious question. Would I expect the Angels to suddenly perform better without Scioscia, no not really. I think they will perform at about the level of thier players like 29 other teams out there. The only team that I really see outperforming thier talent is the Giants under Boche. However as a fan I am ready for some change for the sake of change. As a fan of this website, I would love to see some new "material". I would love to get out from under the Scioscia is fat, Scioscia won't bat Albert anywhere but third, Scioscia is the only manager that bunts. I would love to see another manager to come in here and things are basically the same. I also would like to see Mike go somewhere and have new success.

Look at it this way.

Can we truly trust that he and Eppler can be on the same page, after what happened with Dipoto and even Reagins (although Reagins truly not being very adept as a GM)?

Something tells me that Scioscia has pretty much achieved everything he will achieve here.

How many long time managers lasted their whole managerial career with one team?

Mack, McGraw, Alston, and Lasorda are pretty much the only ones in MLB history to do so, of all managers with at least 19 seasons of MLB managerial time.   

As much as I can't stand Sosh I'm kind of with Doc, his replacement could easily be worse. Who else is available? The Bees' manager? Bill Stoneman?

Raul Ibanez might be a good choice as he was always well respected by his teammates.

I don't know who but hopefully it's someone that shares the same baseball values as Eppler. I know Visquel is highly respected and was here for a year.

I am not trolling, it is somewhat of a serious question. Would I expect the Angels to suddenly perform better without Scioscia, no not really. I think they will perform at about the level of thier players like 29 other teams out there. The only team that I really see outperforming thier talent is the Giants under Boche. However as a fan I am ready for some change for the sake of change. As a fan of this website, I would love to see some new "material". I would love to get out from under the Scioscia is fat, Scioscia won't bat Albert anywhere but third, Scioscia is the only manager that bunts. I would love to see another manager to come in here and things are basically the same. I also would like to see Mike go somewhere and have new success.

New manager is an idiot for "bunting, batting Pujols third, and not stealing"

You may get a new manager, but material will be the same.  Trust me.