• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

10/15/15 NYM @ LAD, NLDS Game 5

VariousCrap

Besides Murphy, not really sure how the Mets would have won the game.

Seemed like the only guy besides the arms that showed up tonight.

Yeah, except for the guy who almost hit for the cycle, a dominant starter, a shut down reliever, and closer who pitched 2 perfect, they did nothing.

I'm not sure who you thought they were playing, it wasn't the '84 Tigers.

Not just back to back ALCS.  Back to back ALCS with the Kansas City Royals.  The last time they were relevant was when Brett was playing.  And the last time before that, they didn't exist.  

Basically, take how Sosh has milked 2002 for over a decade.  Yost has Sosh rights if they get their rings this year, and even if they don't he gets to try again.

Scioscia would have been gone a long time ago if it weren't for some individuals named Spiezio, Erstad, and Glaus. The late-inning Game 6 comeback was epic and quite improbable. Throw Dusty Baker into that mix for his decision to remove Ortiz, who had dominated the Angels.

Scioscia would have been gone a long time ago if it weren't for some individuals named Spiezio, Erstad, and Glaus. The late-inning Game 6 comeback was epic and quite improbable. Throw Dusty Baker into that mix for his decision to remove Ortiz, who had dominated the Angels.

In the 8th inning, Scioscia still managed to get a bunt in there. (Bengie Molina)

In a year when they truly would go into frenzy hitting (regular season, Yankees clincher, Twins clincher, etc), in the midst of one of the best innings in club history, he STILL had to get a bunt in there. 

It ground the inning to a halt.

In the 8th inning, Scioscia still managed to get a bunt in there. (Bengie Molina)

In a year when they truly would go into frenzy hitting (regular season, Yankees clincher, Twins clincher, etc), in the midst of one of the best innings in club history, he STILL had to get a bunt in there. 

It ground the inning to a halt.

Bunting with one out. He just couldn't leave well enough alone.

We're fortunate that Percival was able to preserve the one-run lead.

I actually think what got him the extention was Shields, K-Rod and Percival. Lock down bullpens make managers look great especially when you have the respect of your players.

I actually think what got him the extention was Shields, K-Rod and Percival. Lock down bullpens make managers look great especially when you have the respect of your players.

Lockdown bullpens make being a fan so much more fun.  I hope to see one more set like those in my lifetime.

AM980 (that idiot plaschke) spent an hour criticizing Mattingly and Friedman.  I say the blame goes to the players.

Edited by yk9001

Lockdown bullpens make being a fan so much more fun. I hope to see one more set like those in my lifetime.

AM980 (that idiot plaschke) spent an hour criticizing Mattingly and Friedman. I say the blame goes to the players.

Day to day I blame the players, but man that roster is expensive and has holes, not unlike the Angels. But how do you spend $300 million and not have a bullpen or a number 3-5 starter.

Scioscia would have been gone a long time ago if it weren't for some individuals named Spiezio, Erstad, and Glaus. The late-inning Game 6 comeback was epic and quite improbable. Throw Dusty Baker into that mix for his decision to give Ortiz the game ball, who had dominated the Angels.

Day to day I blame the players, but man that roster is expensive and has holes, not unlike the Angels. But how do you spend $300 million and not have a bullpen or a number 3-5 starter.

They didn't have to beat the '27 Yankees.  For simplicity's sake, lets call the pitching staffs even (LA has two fantastic starters, NY has three great/good ones) - ny may be slightly better.

Look at the position players - nobody on either team is having all time seasons.  Joc pederson started the all star game this year - at some point the players have to be responsible.  LA needed one or two players to step up.  Turner came the closest.

Grienke is having an all time season - he gave up, what, three gopher balls in two games?

They didn't have to beat the '27 Yankees. For simplicity's sake, lets call the pitching staffs even (LA has two fantastic starters, NY has three great/good ones) - ny may be slightly better.

Look at the position players - nobody on either team is having all time seasons. Joc pederson started the all star game this year - at some point the players have to be responsible. LA needed one or two players to step up. Turner came the closest.

Grienke is having an all time season - he gave up, what, three gopher balls in two games?

My main point is HOW do you spend that much money on such an incomplete team? Friedman is supposed to be a genius.

Facing arguably MLB's two best pitchers in 4 out of 5 games, and coming away with a series victory.

Sorry, I am not second guessing anyones offense

exactly. Mets hit the ball hard game 3. But kershaw and grienke were both kershaw and grienke.

The game 4 start by kershaw was huge. Not just because they got the win, but he kept the bullpen out of it.

Like strad said, no clue how the dodgers havent put together a better bullpen. They have a pretty decent offense, great front end of their staff (back end not so much), and a horrible, horrible pen.

Its awesome!