• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Benghazi!

I agree, but how many investigations do we need?  It's been investigated. 

Once again, four dead in Benghazi and we've had at least six investigations, none of them producing anything.  Thousands upon thousands dead on 9/11 and in the Iraq war, and we've had one investigation.  It's ridiculous.  

I agree with you that the Dems were lazy when they ran the Congress. 

Juan, my point was that the constant obsessing over Benghazi is just a stupid political game to smear Hilary Clinton.  The comments from some of these people in the last couple of weeks confirms this.  Investigations are fine, its been investigated.  Enough is enough.  If you're asking if I believe the state department purposely allowed an ambassador and several of its staff to be killed by deliberately calling back rescuers then no, I don't believe that.  I don't understand how you think that even makes sense.  If you're asking if I believe the state department is capable of a cover up.  Then sure, its capable, but we've had investigations, led by GOP lawmakers who have no reason to give Clinton a pass.  They've found no gross negligence, so to me at this point its just a political game.  Turning a tragedy into a political slime lobbing contest.  Thats the only thing shameful here.

Edited by UndertheHalo

i think the "what does it matter?" quote is what made people madder than usual. it came across like she really didn't care, and it doesn't play well with the general public.

If you read the whole quote there's nothing wrong with what she said.

Get prepared to be shocked with fairness.  I guess that says a lot about what has already transpired:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/benghazi-investigator-says-clinton-hearing-will-shock-fairness/

“Time and time again, Trey has proven that he is the best person to ensure the American people know the truth about what happened in Benghazi,” Boehner, R-Ohio, told The Associated Press in a statement.

How much more truth do we need?  

And for the record, the damning Hillary quote in context.  Honestly, read it and let me know if you still think it's damning.  

With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime

Thus a 9/11 investigation. There were iraq investigations as well. Are you a democrat? It may Just be that you don't like when republicans investigate Democrats. I don't think More information is a Bad thing.

Maybe his point is that we've had way more Benghazi investigations than we've had 9/11 or Iraq war investigations combined. Maybe his point is how the focus of the investigations shifted to Hillary once we got closer to the next election.

If I was to put words into his mouth.

Thus a 9/11 investigation. There were iraq investigations as well. Are you a democrat? It may Just be that you don't like when republicans investigate Democrats. I don't think More information is a Bad thing.

There have been more Benghazi investigations than Iraq and 9/11 investigations combined. What new information are we getting from these extra Benghazi investigations, and why are they necessary? Why are they more necessary than Iraq and 9/11 investigations?

There have been more Benghazi investigations than Iraq and 9/11 investigations combined. What new information are we getting from these extra Benghazi investigations, and why are they necessary? Why are they more necessary than Iraq and 9/11 investigations?

Your statement is problematic. There was a huge 9/11 report. I don't know about Iraq investigations, but what exactly needed investigating? This investigation could have moved more quickly with more cooperation. 

Your statement is problematic. There was a huge 9/11 report. I don't know about Iraq investigations, but what exactly needed investigating? This investigation could have moved more quickly with more cooperation.

There have been several Benghazi investigations, for an attack that took four American lives. There have been more Benghazi investigations than there were American lives lost in the attack, and each one has turned up nothing. How many more do we need and what is the purpose of them?

I'd like to see another investigation into the intel that lead us into Iraq and thereby cost us thousands and thousands of American lives as well as billions and billions of dollars. I wonder why that is less important than Benghazi.

There have been several Benghazi investigations, for an attack that took four American lives. There have been more Benghazi investigations than there were American lives lost in the attack, and each one has turned up nothing. How many more do we need and what is the purpose of them?

I'd like to see another investigation into the intel that lead us into Iraq and thereby cost us thousands and thousands of American lives as well as billions and billions of dollars. I wonder why that is less important than Benghazi.

Maybe you're right. What did you think of the Valerie Plame special prosecutor? Edited by Juan Savage

Libby was actually put on trial.  Different circumstances.  Libby was convicted and then Bush commuted his jail sentence.  What's your point?  Are you asking me about Fitzgerald (the special prosecutor) or something else?

It is called the Clinton effect. 

Libby was actually put on trial.  Different circumstances.  Libby was convicted and then Bush commuted his jail sentence.  What's your point?  Are you asking me about Fitzgerald (the special prosecutor) or something else?

He was put on trial after the investigation. Did you agree with the investigation or did you think it was a waste of time? Also, Bush did not pardon Libby. 

He was put on trial after the investigation. Did you agree with the investigation or did you think it was a waste of time? Also, Bush did not pardon Libby.

You are right Bush did not issue a full pardon but he did commute his sentence which released him from prison. Libby still had to pay a fine, be on supervised parrol and do community service. But libs felt bush circumvented the legal system and think of it as a pardon.

You are right Bush did not issue a full pardon but he did commute his sentence which released him from prison. Libby still had to pay a fine, be on supervised parrol and do community service. But libs felt bush circumvented the legal system and think of it as a pardon.

But, you thought that the investigation was worth it, at the time?