• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

10/14/15 TEX @ TOR, ALDS Game 5

fan_since79

Now under video review... review of what exactly, I wonder.  But whichever team this eventually goes against _has_ to play the remainder of the game under protest.  (Assuming the Jays fans don't trigger a forfeit at this point)

I _think_ however that the ball is live while the catcher has possession and is returning it to the pitcher.  Hitting the bat, that's the catcher's fault there, unless the batter is obviously trying to obstruct.  Which means the call should go in Texas' favor.

There is batter interference when a batter does exactly what Choo did as the catcher attempts to throw the runner out. Why should this be any different? 

I think the argument is there was no play being made and Choo was not outside of the batters box with his hand. So it is the catchers own dumb fault for throwing at his hand, he had a clear path to return the ball to the pitcher.

I think the argument is there was no play being made and Choo was not outside of the batters box with his hand. So it is the catchers own dumb fault for throwing at his hand, he had a clear path to return the ball to the pitcher.

yup

if the batter is in the box it's the catcher's responsibility to throw around them.

I have unfortunately called batters out who left the box in an attempt at getting out of the way of the catcher but ended up interfering. 

There is batter interference when a batter does exactly what Choo did as the catcher attempts to throw the runner out. Why should this be any different? 

Choo never interfered, he's just standing in the box. The rule also states that if Choo did interfere he is out. I can't imagine calling him out in that case when that was 100% Martin's fault.

Good call.