• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

10/14/15 TEX @ TOR, ALDS Game 5

fan_since79

I have to say, that 7th inning was probably one of the most bizarre innings I have ever seen. The top of the 7th with the deflected ball back to the mound...and geez...what a friggen nightmare for the Rangers and Andrus. The Rangers certainly have perfected the art of ripping out the testicles and shoving it down the throats of their fans the last few years. Unbelievable. 

By the way...when did Toronto fans become such dickheads and start throwing shit on the field?

Yeah in regards to throwing trash I wasn't really happy to see that at all. It's just makes them all look like gigantic blowhards.

However I do remember back in the 90's the Angels did seat cushion day, and the ump blew a huge call during the game and almost EVERYONE threw their seat cushions on the field. Now THAT was funny, not only cause they were soft and really couldn't hurt anyone, but because even from the upper deck people were flinging them like frisbees and they'd still sail all the way down to the field.

Not much longer after that they started doing throwable giveaways AFTER the game lol.

I remember the original Seat Cushions on the field game, well DH actually.

Sometime in the summer of 1978, they played the Twins in a traditional DH (30 min between games) at a time when the Halos were in contention that late for the first time since 1970.   

The Halos came up just short in game 1, but rallied late which led to the first seat cushions assault on the field in celebration of the rally.

Then in game 2, they ended up winning that game and more seat cushions came raining down to the field in celebration in the late innings.

Fans also gave former Raviners pitcher, and then pitching for the Twins, Mike Marshall some of the most deafening boos I ever heard in that stadium.   

That was also about as loud as that stadium ever got with the seat cushions being pounded together, well except for the 2002 WS, 1986 ALCS games 4-5, and maybe the 1982 September game with the Lynn/Downing catch and fence dismemberment. 

1978 was a fun season, except obviously for one horrific tragedy during the late September visit to Chicago (Lyman Bostock's death). 

Fregosi breathed life into that team after too easy going Dave Garcia was let go at the end of May after a 17-2 loss.

Edited by Angel Oracle