• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels expected to look for a big bat

SoWhat

There will probably be one after he retires, and I'm totally serious about that.

At the base it will list all of his accomplishments, including somehow not getting fired after years of underachieving, running a GM out of town, and being the highest paid manager in MLB history.

At the base it will list all of his accomplishments, including somehow not getting fired after years of underachieving, running a GM out of town, and being the highest paid manager in MLB history.

The legend will read:

Mike Scioscia: The architect of The Angel Way

The statue will be Scioscia pointing toward the horizon.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I would prefer a hitter who can have timely hits with men in scoring position.  Are there any of those out there?

And yet people have the biggest hard on for Heyward.  The guy that was the #4 hitter for the team with the best record in baseball.  Who only had 60 RBI's.  With a career high of 82 RBI's in a season.  Who with runners in scoring position had a .708 OPS, .264 avg, .359 OBP.  He can't hit anybody in.  Just walk in pressure situations and hope the guy behind him can get the job done.  Oh, and in three years, .729 OPS with a high OBP and low avg.  

You know the saying, we want a hitter, not a belly itcher.  And Heyward is a belly itcher.  Crawford 2.0.  

Daniel Murphy would be a decent pickup to play second base, a good gap hitter from the left side. There is a definite need foe a leadoff hitter, Fowler and Revere are possibilities. It will be interesting to see Eppler's approach given that he comes from a team that hit a lot of HR. The Big A is way different than Yankee Stadium. The Angels need gap hitters who get on base.

I think Alex Gordon might fly under the radar since he's somewhat overshadowed by Cespedes, Heyward, and Upton.. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he ends up far more productive than the so called "big bats" available.

Unlike Heyward, upton, and Cespedes(to an extent), he's not a product of the NL. Which is a huge factor imo.

Edited by Poozy