• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Drone Strikes

Tough data to get but it looks like U.S. drone strikes have killed from 400 to 900 civilians.

While our President goes on about school shootings he defends his use of drones.  

It is shockingly disgusting.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/category/projects/drones/drones-graphs/

By the way, around 200 of those killed were children.

Edited by mtangelsfan

One of my biggest challenge with this administration is their use of drones. I understand the idea, you can fight enemies without putting the US military personnel in harm's way...but it certainly seems like it makes it more likelier we are willing to go after potential targets without doing the due diligence we would if military personnel were required to be engaged in the fighting.

It's not an easy decision though, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Let's say you have credible evidence of a target who is actively planning (or conducted) activities against US citizens, but that target has put themselves in the middle of a civilian area....do you take the shot?

I know it sounds cavalier, but war used to be so much easier.

One of my biggest challenge with this administration is their use of drones. I understand the idea, you can fight enemies without putting the US military personnel in harm's way...but it certainly seems like it makes it more likelier we are willing to go after potential targets without doing the due diligence we would if military personnel were required to be engaged in the fighting.

It's not an easy decision though, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Let's say you have credible evidence of a target who is actively planning (or conducted) activities against US citizens, but that target has put themselves in the middle of a civilian area....do you take the shot?

I know it sounds cavalier, but war used to be so much easier.

I know there is credible evidence that pretty much every time there is a drone strike a civilian is going to get killed.

It is completely different.  I have said many times that I don't agree with our military action in the middle east and believe we should get out.  I also don't agree with drone strikes.

Still, it is completely different.  My neighbor and the people living near me can't just decide they want to blow away the local school with a drone.

Anyway I bet you are against the public owning their own armed drones but you are totally fine with guns even though in both cases innocent people have no defense from being assaulted by them.

Edited by nate

I'm open for discussion on the kinds of guns that should be available and how they can be obtained. So why would I be for armed drones being available?

and if Obama is so put off by innocent people being killed he should be put off by his own actions.

It is hypocritical.

Tough data to get but it looks like U.S. drone strikes have killed from 400 to 900 civilians.

While our President goes on about school shootings he defends his use of drones.  

It is shockingly disgusting.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/category/projects/drones/drones-graphs/

By the way, around 200 of those killed were children.

Thousands of people murdered by guns per year vs 400-900.  it isn't even close.

Anyway, it is clear what needs to be done.  Everyone needs to arm themselves with drones and then they can stop the carnage!

There isn't a new thread each time there is a drone strike that kills civilians.

They don't get as much news coverage as a school shooting. The gun debate in this country is a far bigger, more personal topic than drone strikes in foreign countries.

They don't get as much news coverage as a school shooting. The gun debate in this country is a far bigger, more personal topic than drone strikes in foreign countries.

It shouldn't be.  Why are the lives of Americans more important than anyone else's?

Also, this was really about Obama himself.  He has to gall to act so self-righteous about guns in this country and innocent lives being lost while he goes on bombing innocents abroad.

You don't?  What war are we actually in Nate?  What has given us the right to send unmanned destruction bots bombing areas where civilians live?

If we as a country think this is ok then I don't understand why we have a problem with terrorists flying planes into our buildings.  After all, we are at war.

W got us into a war we had no purpose being in.

As I have said for a long time I think we shouldn't be there.  I think ISIS is a load of crap and I don't give two shits about them.

It is all the cons calling for war on ISIS that perpetuates this.