• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Billy Eppler GM History

gotbeer

It irritates the hell out of me when fans here quotes saber metrics stats. To me it's all voodoo science that means squat. I have no motivation trying to figure this shit out ... no wonder Scioscia gave Dipopto the high hard one when confronted by such bullshit. Just give me your basic stats ... keeping it simple. It's amazing baseball lasted over 100 years without the fantasy stats.

"Explain to me like I'm 5"

And to all of you parroting the Ben Zobrist signing–do you really think a 34 yr old. 1.2 WAR player is going to make this team championship caliber? Isn't that the exact type of signing this community is constantly complaining about? 

Exactly why I don't understand all of the Zobrist love around here. He has produced to this point, but he is at the prime age for that to stop abruptly. Then the same people would be yelling that the FO "should have known" that it was going to happen.

back to eppler, the problem with the angels isn't eppler. so, it's not a reflection on him, necessarily, but i hated what he had to say at his press conference. his comments about how "they're doing things here", immediately followed up by discussion on scioscia just left a bad taste in my mouth. my brain is telling me that not only has the battle been lost, but also the war. 

ultimately, i'm left feeling very disappointed. i'm disappointed that we don't have real leadership. not from pujols, scioscia, eppler, or arte.

It irritates the hell out of me when fans here quotes saber metrics stats. To me it's all voodoo science that means squat. I have no motivation trying to figure this shit out ... no wonder Scioscia gave Dipopto the high hard one when confronted by such bullshit. Just give me your basic stats ... keeping it simple. It's amazing baseball lasted over 100 years without the fantasy stats.

The only new stat i'm not the biggest fan of is FIP because a guy can have a decent FIP for many years but his ERA sucks which means the guy always allows alot of runs regardless of FIP saying he's better than he looks. That guy is Joe Blanton.

Blanton is reliable in almost always having an ERA over 4.00 yet his FIP would usually be lower than his ERA & sometimes alot lower.

Blanton's only good season is 2005 & 2015.

back to eppler, the problem with the angels isn't eppler. so, it's not a reflection on him, necessarily, but i hated what he had to say at his press conference. his comments about how "they're doing things here", immediately followed up by discussion on scioscia just left a bad taste in my mouth. my brain is telling me that not only has the battle been lost, but also the war. 

ultimately, i'm left feeling very disappointed. i'm disappointed that we don't have real leadership. not from pujols, scioscia, eppler, or arte.

Unfortunately we know that is true as long as Scioscia is still here and we are running out a first time and/or organizationally promoted general manager. 

Unfortunately we know that is true as long as Scioscia is still here and we are running out a first time and/or organizationally promoted general manager. 

I agree. Sosh time should had been extinct for a while. His ego has gotten the best of him on and off the field, it's time he bounces and get a real coach in here who will stir this team back to the world series and win it all!

I agree. Sosh time should had been extinct for a while. His ego has gotten the best of him on and off the field, it's time he bounces and get a real coach in here who will stir this team back to the world series and win it all!

Amen. Any other franchise would have canned Scioscia 5 years ago.

It can't be a money issue because the Anaheim Ducks are losing money and fired their Coach despite still owing him millions & despite that coach being the one who coached the team during their championship season.

• 1 month later...