• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Billy Eppler GM History

gotbeer

Trade Calhoun, Santiago, Ellis, and Bedrosian for Jacob deGrom.

Sign Denard Span and Yoenis Cespedes.

Sign Zobrist.

Sign O'Day.

Win championships always.

Lol Why would the Mets ever agree to a trade like this? 

And to all of you parroting the Ben Zobrist signing–do you really think a 34 yr old. 1.2 WAR player is going to make this team championship caliber? Isn't that the exact type of signing this community is constantly complaining about? 

And to all of you parroting the Ben Zobrist signing–do you really think a 34 yr old. 1.2 WAR player is going to make this team championship caliber? Isn't that the exact type of signing this community is constantly complaining about? 

I think Zobrist is a good role player, and extremely versitile.  He can play OF, 2B, 3B, and he switch hits.  He also he is a patient hitter.  Is he worth more than a couple of years, probably not.  There is also a break point in how much you give a guy of his age.  We don't need the best player in the league at every position.  On a negative side, he doesn't fit what we are looking for in terms of speed and more cost controlled younger players.  I would rather have Kendrick back than Zobrist, but he is not as versitile in terms of filling, or backing up, different positions, nor is he a switch hitter.  However, Howie is probably going to cost twice what Zobrist will cost.

We need a solid utility player to displace the slot occupied this year by Featherston.  Zobrist might be that option.  Basically we need someone to keep Featherston in the minors for a few years.

They wouldn't. It was a joke.

Also Zobrist had a 2.4 bWAR and has averaged a 5.6 WAR since 2009. He had a 120 OPS+ last year which would have made him the 2nd best hitter on the team.

He's older, but he's going to sign for a shorter term deal because of it.

It irritates the hell out of me when fans here quotes saber metrics stats. To me it's all voodoo science that means squat. I have no motivation trying to figure this shit out ... no wonder Scioscia gave Dipopto the high hard one when confronted by such bullshit. Just give me your basic stats ... keeping it simple. It's amazing baseball lasted over 100 years without the fantasy stats.

It irritates the hell out of me when fans here quotes saber metrics stats. To me it's all voodoo science that means squat. I have no motivation trying to figure this shit out ... no wonder Scioscia gave Dipopto the high hard one when confronted by such bullshit. Just give me your basic stats ... keeping it simple. It's amazing baseball lasted over 100 years without the fantasy stats.

in other words, i don't understand something so it's stupid. that's a good way to think. i can think of a nearly infinite number of things that have improved over the last hundred years.

Edited by ukyah

Not your best effort. Do you even try anymore?

They wouldn't. It was a joke.

Also Zobrist had a 2.4 bWAR and has averaged a 5.6 WAR since 2009. He had a 120 OPS+ last year which would have made him the 2nd best hitter on the team.

He's older, but he's going to sign for a shorter term deal because of it.

Ah, touché. 

I just don't see the appeal with Zobrist–he was definitely as good as you say, but he's older now. I don't think he'll be quite as valuable next season. 

Everyone, please quote more stats.............Thanks!

I think Zobrist is a good role player, and extremely versitile.  He can play OF, 2B, 3B, and he switch hits.  He also he is a patient hitter.  Is he worth more than a couple of years, probably not.  There is also a break point in how much you give a guy of his age.  We don't need the best player in the league at every position.  On a negative side, he doesn't fit what we are looking for in terms of speed and more cost controlled younger players.  I would rather have Kendrick back than Zobrist, but he is not as versitile in terms of filling, or backing up, different positions, nor is he a switch hitter.  However, Howie is probably going to cost twice what Zobrist will cost.

We need a solid utility player to displace the slot occupied this year by Featherston.  Zobrist might be that option.  Basically we need someone to keep Featherston in the minors for a few years.

The Angels, and a lot of the people on here could probably afford to think bigger. Zobrist would be a good signing, but not as a starting second basemen or third basemen. He would be an absolutely stellar utility man. With injuries and match ups he will get a lot of playing time that is currently more likely to go to players who are "not good."

Edited by AngelsLakersFan