• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Councilwoman requests update on stadium talks with Angels

Arte is not going to get that land deal he wanted nor will he get a new stadium anywhere else so he has no incentive to enter into any negotiations with the city. His current deal is rent free gold and will automatically renew itself after the 2019 season. Arte still has to fix the stadium at some point at a cost of $150M-$200M but he could drag that out for years and cash out to leave that problem to the new owners.

After going to the Ducks errr, Gulls game on Monday.  Samulei's could use a new arena.  

But I don't think that Arte will opt out by 2019.  Unless Tustin gives him a sweetheart deal.  But then he will run into a Tampa Bay/Atlanta type problem, being too far away from the fans.  So my guess is, he will sell by 2029.  If not by 2019, to maximize his $$.

After going to the Ducks errr, Gulls game on Monday.  Samulei's could use a new arena.  

But I don't think that Arte will opt out by 2019.  Unless Tustin gives him a sweetheart deal.  But then he will run into a Tampa Bay/Atlanta type problem, being too far away from the fans.  So my guess is, he will sell by 2029.  If not by 2019, to maximize his $$.

Where are the Angels fans who attend games located anyway, they are the ones that matter?  Anyone ever seen a demographic chart of where they are concentrated?  I'm sure the team has constructed plenty of them.

Where are the Angels fans who attend games located anyway, they are the ones that matter?  Anyone ever seen a demographic chart of where they are concentrated?  I'm sure the team has constructed plenty of them.

Only thing I found.  Although the map is kind of cool to play around with.  

http://calwatchdog.com/2014/04/24/map-still-the-anaheim-angels-of-anaheim/

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/24/upshot/facebook-baseball-map.html#6,34.573,-120.648

Okay, new seats.

Do you need a new arena for that?

Yes, because you can make them wider, but you can't add legroom.  Without a major overhaul that is.  

This will also decrease the number of seats in the arena.  Which is already on the low end of NHL stadiums.  

This nifty map stole a good 40 minutes of my time. Thanks for sharing it.

The only place I found with Angels fans (outside of California) is Maui, Hawaii. Interesting, I wonder why that is. 

Also, the A's have no majority in any area I found. 

Edited by failos