• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

October 6, 2015: AL Wildcard Gameday thread - Hou/NYY

yk9001

There is going to a finite market for Bryant when he becomes a free agent.  Like always, there are only going to be a certain number of teams that will be able to afford a multi-year, 9-figure contract and the market will be set for his cost.  If the Cubs match or beat the best offer available in that market, he will stay with the Cubs...holding him one more year is not going to change that potential.  This is Bora$...if the Cubs make the best offer, he'll re-sign with the Cubs.

Edited by mulwin444

There is going to a finite market for Bryant when he becomes a free agent. Like always, there are only going to be a certain number of teams that will be able to afford a multi-year, 9-figure contract and the market will be set for his cost. If the Cubs match or beat the best offer available in that market, he will stay with the Cubs...holding him one more year is not going to change that potential. This is Bora$...if the Cubs make the best offer, he'll re-sign with the Cubs.

So you don't think the Cubs will try to lock him up beyond his arbitration years ?

Cubs are favored by 1.5 runs by most betting lines.

This makes no sense.  Baseball games are bet via the money line.  In this game, the cubs are favored, in general, at -135 and the Pirates are +115.

EVERY major league game has a +1.5/-1.5 run line, where you can bet either team +/- 1.5 runs.  Because you saw the -1.5 run line for today's game doesn't mean the Cubs are favored by 1.5 runs.

So you don't think the Cubs will try to lock him up beyond his arbitration years ?

I think they'll try but Bora$ doesn't usually advise his clients to do that so I'd be surprised if that happened.  After Trout signed his extension with the Angels, Bora$ stated that Washington should not expect such a consideration from Bryce Harper, whom he represents, and he is advising Bryce to test free agency.  

This makes no sense.  Baseball games are bet via the money line.  In this game, the cubs are favored, in general, at -135 and the Pirates are +115.

EVERY major league game has a +1.5/-1.5 run line, where you can bet either team +/- 1.5 runs.  Because you saw the -1.5 run line for today's game doesn't mean the Cubs are favored by 1.5 runs.

Cubs -128

Pirates +118

I think they'll try but Bora$ doesn't usually advise his clients to do that so I'd be surprised if that happened. After Trout signed his extension with the Angels, Bora$ stated that Washington should not expect such a consideration from Bryce Harper, whom he represents, and he is advising Bryce to test free agency.

Point well taken ... although, Weaver signed a extension. Trout was smart in signing his extension for the years of the contract. He has guaranteed security for his lifetime with the opportunity to sign a mega contract at a relatively young age.

Holding out to free agency is not very smart for a potential superstar player.

did anyone else find it weird that the astros had a champagne celebration after beating the yankees last night? 

that seemed excessive for a one game playoff.

First playoff game win in 11 years.

Fans booing and streaming out of Yankee Stadium.

Definitely worthy of champagne.

Edited by fan_since79

I think it's appropriate to celebrate with a few drinks, beers etc. after winning the wild card game.

They should keep it down though.  I don't know why they can't celebrate without spraying everywhere.

Save the spraying for when you win the world series, or are christening a ship.

I think it's appropriate to celebrate with a few drinks, beers etc. after winning the wild card game.

They should keep it down though.  I don't know why they can't celebrate without spraying everywhere.

Save the spraying for when you win the world series, or are christening a ship.

agreed. tone it down since this is a play-in game for the wild card.

save the bigger celebrations for the bigger accomplishments. last night, a few beers/mountain dew would have been a good way to celebrate.