• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

This Is Goose IPA

Glen

Pliny the Elder

I have a good story. My wife's grandfather was a crotchety old Irish man. Lived to be 96. Sharp as can be until the end. When he was in his 80s, he lived in Murietta. He used to go to one of the local wineries and befriended the owner at one.

Fast forward a few years and he was at Hollingshead one evening. An upstart brewer was sampling his beer. The brewer recognized gramps and came over to say hello. The brewer asked gramps to try his beer. Gramps took a sip, then told the brewer it was terrible. Told him his father would be ashamed of the product he was producing and that he needed to brew a more German tasting beer. Gramps ripped him pretty good.

The brewer was Vinnie Cilurzo, and the beer was Blind Pig (which I presume was a precursor to pliny?).

For me it's the piney taste and when everyone tries to out do each other with hops. Give me an Alpine and I dig it, but the over 5 he top hoppy beers I'll pass

There is a seasonal beer here called "Hop Delusion". It's as if someone took a bunch of pine needles, put them in a blender and added some beer.

Definitely not a beer I'd recommend after heavy yard work.

My IPAs have won first prize blue ribbons , and one year best of show for all fermented and distilled spirits, at multiple fairs up here. 

Blending hop varieties, and coming to a balance between piney, and other hop characteristics is the key in a  high gravity, highly hopped beer. Also the choice of yeasts, I actually blend yeasts in some of my IPAs. IPA's are really my favorite beers to drink. I like them very, very... cold, so that changes how I recipe and ferment.

The best IPAs and really there are few commercial IPAs that I would actually buy..come from small local brewers and serious home  brewers. 

Oh, and If it isn't 8.0 or higher, it isn't IPA..in my never to be humble opinion.

My IPAs have won first prize blue ribbons , and one year best of show for all fermented and distilled spirits, at multiple fairs up here.

Blending hop varieties, and coming to a balance between piney, and other hop characteristics is the key in a high gravity, highly hopped beer. Also the choice of yeasts, I actually blend yeasts in some of my IPAs. IPA's are really my favorite beers to drink. I like them very, very... cold, so that changes how I recipe and ferment.

The best IPAs and really there are few commercial IPAs that I would actually buy..come from small local brewers and serious home brewers.

Oh, and If it isn't 8.0 or higher, it isn't IPA..in my never to be humble opinion.

Awesome. My homebrews are usually kits, but to my friends, I am a God of beer.

If you were able to rock hard like Juan Savage, you'd be God