• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The second amendment

I think outside of guns for legitimate hunting or private security they should all be taken from the cold, dead hands of the dumbass, paranoid old white assholes with weiner size issues.

I come for a gun owning family. I think they're all a bunch of homos. Get a fûcking pitbull if you don't feel like enough of a man.

You're a homo for liking baseball.. watching a bunch of grown men swing a stick.. haha ****ing homo

Edited by Poozy

It's fascinating how the anti-gun lobby ignores other unnecessary causes of death. 

You guys would have a more compelling argument if, as part of your strategy, you showed concern for other victims no matter how they died. What about those who were stabbed to death with knives, killed by drunk drivers, killed with other blunt force objects, or poisoned? 

The idea that new laws against guns will change anything is silly.  Has everyone forgotten the weapon of choice at the Boston Marathon? 

+1 (for the most part)

fcc42dba69cb071f463bb0913c0cf3ec.jpg

Yes, I know, guns don't kill people, people (with guns) kill people. By why is it that American people with guns kill far more people than any other wealthy nation? What's wrong with this country?

Lots of things but it's still the best. However, like everywhere, much of it can be improved.

'murka

No offense Rico but that bar chart is awful. 

In the bottom third of those states, a person's chance of surviving any traumatic injury (not just gunshots) is significantly less because of the primitive medical care in rural areas.  Most "hospitals" in those states are barely one step above urgent care, with the nearest trauma centers being 100-200 miles away in most cases. 

Do you realize how diverse and different each and every state is in the US? They could be countries of their own if they were in Europe.

You clearly missed(ignored) the point I was trying to make

If you're going to compare tiny European countries, then you'd be better off looking at gun related murders in each US state,..

it would appear you aren't quite sure what "point" you were trying to make

It's fascinating how the anti-gun lobby ignores other unnecessary causes of death. 

You guys would have a more compelling argument if, as part of your strategy, you showed concern for other victims no matter how they died. What about those who were stabbed to death with knives, killed by drunk drivers, killed with other blunt force objects, or poisoned? 

The idea that new laws against guns will change anything is silly.  Has everyone forgotten the weapon of choice at the Boston Marathon? 

The shiny object defense...oh look, let's not address the epidemic of mass shootings because Bob tripped and stubbed his toe, fell in to traffic and was hit buy a truck...we can't stop everything...so we might as well ignore everything.

Can you tell me what person, "on the left", has refused to sit down and have a conversation on our gun laws? I missed the news report where Obama dropped his pants and told them to kiss his black ass, he wasn't gonna talk about no gun control policy with the other side.

When is the last time a "liberal" organization threatened members of the Senate and House for holding a hearing or debating gun policy...or providing funding for studying our guns laws impacts on society and public health?

After the Sandy Hook massacre the Senate wasn't even allowed to DEBATE a bill. Not vote on a bill, but just have a debate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/us/politics/senate-obama-gun-control.html

Sorry...this is not a "both sides do it" item.

Hell, at this point of the debate we actually have a presidential candidate, one of the leading candidates, suggesting that the victims are at fault because they didn't spontaneously band together and rush the gunmen...because the first reaction of everyone who is confronted by an armed gunmen is to move towards the gun.

"Not only would I not probably not cooperate with him. I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said. "I would say, 'Hey guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.' "

you and i approached this from two different angles. while i was thinking more of how citizens don't seem to be willing to have an honest discussion, you were looking at what has or hasn't been done in congress. fair enough.

for the record, i'm embarrassed that my party is so beholden to the gun lobby, enough so that they won't honestly seek reasonable fixes to what is a growing problem. they're just entrenched with "leave my guns alone, you commie pinko bastards!". until our congress can sit down and honestly approach this issue and find ways to reasonably address the problem, it's going to be contingent on us as citizens to work from the ground up. i don't see enough of that happening, and that was a big part of my point.

How many Americans die from bombings and terrorist attacks?

politifact%2Fphotos%2F12113317_920729551

Worried that is innaccurate? Here's some fact-checking.

I'm sure most of you have seen this as it is posted every 4 minutes on facebook, but regardless of what you think, this is a hilarious bit.

Legit season 1 is on Netflix now!

Great bit and it puts light to a few of the flaws in the logic of gun ownership.  If you have kids and keep the guns safe from them, how will you get them out quickly in a gun emergency?  Generally speaking, criminals won't be giving you that time.

Edit to add: I like guns, in the abstract.  I like destroying shit with them.  It's a rush and if I feel that rush because I have a small dick, so be it.  I'm good with that.  

Edited by Glen

Legit season 1 is on Netflix now!

Great bit and it puts light to a few of the flaws in the logic of gun ownership.  If you have kids and keep the guns safe from them, how will you get them out quickly in a gun emergency?  Generally speaking, criminals won't be giving you that time.

I have three boys, which is why I have zero guns.  We're moving in a couple weeks and our new house is in an area that gets a lot of wild life.  (And not just the partying middle aged white people kind of wild life.)  It's not unusual for deer and elk to come around.  But also bears, foxes, coyotes and mountain lions.  I thought about getting a gun "just in case" there was a need to protect against wild life.  But then I thought, you know ... I still have three curious boys.  The chances of them making a bad decision is probably higher than a bear wondering into kitchen.  

But that's just me.  Exercising my 2nd amendment right to have a gun, but not getting it. 

I have three boys, which is why I have zero guns.  We're moving in a couple weeks and our new house is in an area that gets a lot of wild life.  (And not just the partying middle aged white people kind of wild life.)  It's not unusual for deer and elk to come around.  But also bears, foxes, coyotes and mountain lions.  I thought about getting a gun "just in case" there was a need to protect against wild life.  But then I thought, you know ... I still have three curious boys.  The chances of them making a bad decision is probably higher than a bear wondering into kitchen.  

But that's just me.  Exercising my 2nd amendment right to have a gun, but not getting it. 

I live in South OC. Guns. LOL

I live in South OC. Guns. LOL

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/nov/18/local/me-asperger18

Relatives of a father and daughter who were killed when a neighbor burst into their Aliso Viejo home and opened fire have filed a lawsuit against the killer's family, the gun dealer who sold the weapon and a support-group website where the gunman had vowed to wage a "terror campaign."