• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tradeable Assets

nando714

If the Rockies were willing to listen on Nolan Arenado, what would it take?

It would take Newcomb + others. Arenado is a young, cheap and excellent 3B...both with the glove and with the bat. No incentive for them to trade him. They'd be more willing to move Cargo and try to build their team around their new young talent like Arenado

Throw in Grant Green.

Cron - Little value. No glove. No plate discipline. Has power but a short resume. More valuable on the team because he could improve.

Santiago - Wild, 5 Inning SP. Worth a similar SP or a 2nd tier prospect

Wilson - No value. Maybe some at deadline in 2016.

Aybar - decent value, but without a competent replacement. More valuable on the team.

Shoemaker - Very little value on his own. Could be a nice throw in. 

You couldn't package all of those guys and get better in the process. 

Wilson.  At $20.5 million. No Value.

But at $10 million?  I think someone would take a chance at him.  At pre injury a 3.89 ERA, 1.24 WHIP.  Not ace numbers, but still a very servicable #3/4 type numbers.  For a team that might be short on the bottom and even mid end of the rotation.  At $10 million for an entire season, he would be worth a shot.  

And it would at least free $10 million more to throw at a FA.

Wilson.  At $20.5 million. No Value.

But at $10 million?  I think someone would take a chance at him.  At pre injury a 3.89 ERA, 1.24 WHIP.  Not ace numbers, but still a very servicable #3/4 type numbers.  For a team that might be short on the bottom and even mid end of the rotation.  At $10 million for an entire season, he would be worth a shot.  

And it would at least free $10 million more to throw at a FA.

Not off of elbow surgery. 

But he's had this surgery before.  It's more of a bone spur than a major surgery.  Maybe I'm misremembering?

I'm not saying someone wouldn't take a shot with him, but I think you'd have to eat more than $10MM and you're not getting an impact player back. 

Well, to be honest. I don't believe our lineup can compete with either the Rangers or Astros until we draft some players and we can't lose games or seasons as our time with Trout is limited. And Albert's time is limited also.

We would need to go full Doggs this next season just to get into the Race with either of them.. And then hope for production!

1. Calhoun- RF

2. Desmond- SS---Free Agent

3. Trout- CF

4. Davis- 1B---Free Agent

5. Pujols- DH

6. Cespedes- LF---Free Agent

7. Zobrist- 3B---Free Agent

8. Wieters- C---Free Agent

9. Panik- 2B---Trade

SP:

1. Price---Free Agent

2. Zimmerman---Free Agent

3. Richards

4. Heaney

5. Leake/Iwakuma---Free Agent

Bullpen:

6th/7th: Benoit---Free Agent & Smith

8th; Wade Davis---Free Agent?

9th: Street

I'm sorry, as thrilled as I'd be to see this, it is entirely unrealistic. We simply aren't going to build an all-star team via free agency. Arte has money, but he isn't going to turn into the dodgers who are back by a multi-BILLION dollar organization. I think if we get 1 premier free agent we are lucky and getting 2 is a stretch. The purpose right now is to start building our farm and remain competitive enough so that we can compete and more so during the last couple years of trout's contract, not sabotage the future of the organization by loading up on long contracts and becoming the Phillies in a couple years if some of these guys don't pan out, are a lot of money, or age quickly.

@HB - At that point you could move anyone and a bunch to SF for Panik....Their pitching is old and retiring.

I'd love to have panik but they aren't moving him. Giants need pitching, and will surely get the help they need via free agency. They'd much rather have an ace caliber pitcher, and keep panik then to have anybody on our pithing staff. And they have as much resources as we do to get a top pitcher or two. Maybe resign Leake and go for Cueto, and possibly a trade for a 3-4 type. Problem solved

Panik is a cost controlled 3-4 WAR 2B. He's got a ton of value. Plus, if his power surge was legit this year, it's possible he's a top 3 2B in baseball.

Giants would want Sean Newcomb at the very least and most likely more, IMHO.

Completely agreed. I honestly see him as having the tools of a lesser Joe Mauer with the bat (when Mauer was good).