• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tradeable Assets

nando714

I see Zobrist name come up a lot.  Do we really need another 35+ player on the team?  Maybe he will age well like Hunter but we would get Zobrist for 2nd right?  Have him be Figgins?  Have him mostly play 3rd?  I like Johnny G and think he should be our 2nd baseman next year.

We have to hope that either Sherman Johnson or Andrew Daniel work out for 2B ultimately.

I don't see Johnny G. having a long career here, maybe another couple of seasons.

Eck was only here for 4 seasons, and Johnny G'.s style and talent is similar. 

Despite Scotty's love for him, Sherman Johnson barely hit .200 in AA.  Yes, he can draw walks--but you can't hit .200 and survive.  He'll also be 26 in the middle of next season, so it's unlikely there's going to be some miracle surge forward for him.

I see Zobrist name come up a lot.  Do we really need another 35+ player on the team?  Maybe he will age well like Hunter but we would get Zobrist for 2nd right?  Have him be Figgins?  Have him mostly play 3rd?  I like Johnny G and think he should be our 2nd baseman next year.

The Angels are actually a relatively young team. And Zobrist will probably get a 2 year deal with an option, which is much more team friendly than a 5+ year deal.

The Angels are in a terrible strategic position because they have Mike Trout. Ironic. They pretty much have to try and win now. I think the only way it is possible is to trade legit pieces.

I'd probably try to sign Price and Zimmerman and maybe a Lackey type. I'd ship Richards and Newcomb if I could get legit hitters.

funny wnough, but i was going to mention lackey. He would probably be affordable, likes it here, and they like him...be worth it tonexplore at least i think

Despite Scotty's love for him, Sherman Johnson barely hit .200 in AA.  Yes, he can draw walks--but you can't hit .200 and survive.  He'll also be 26 in the middle of next season, so it's unlikely there's going to be some miracle surge forward for him.

Scotty doesn't slobberknocker over Sherm...  Not saying he thinks he's garbage, just not one of the guys he touts as a sure thing.   Sherm had a rough year in AA.

As far as pitching goes, get rid of Wilson for whatever we can get.

Richards, Heaney, Tropeano, Skaggs, Newcomb, Weaver and Shoemaker can battle it out for the starting 5. Put Santiago/ and whomever does not make the starting 5 into the bullpen for spot starts and long relief.

Let Freese go and whomever is the heir apparent let them start at third. Try to pick up Cespedes for LF and let Johnny G get the reps at 2nd base. Need to pick up a viable back up catcher. I believe that Carlos Perez has paid his dues and should start at catcher next season. Start grooming Gott for the closer role and please teach him how to throw a changeup.

That's enough for now, still hurting from yesterday.

Go Halos!!!

I was talking about Chris Davis with some friends over the weekend. Love the idea of bringing him in. Allows us to trade Cron and stick Davis at 1st/DH and LF. Unfortunately, Mulwin hit everything right on the spot. Cron, Aybar and Santiago are really the only guys with any sort of value right now that we can afford to trade. The only way we can really pull ourselves out from the ditch is by signing FAs. Our farm isn't producing much currently. Another 2 years of drafting could definitely help. Gotta open up the check book with Weaver, CJ, and Hamilton all coming off next year/2017.

Sign Jason Heyward- LF

Sign Ben Zobrist- 2B (Instantly becomes our highest OBP guy minus Trout even if he's 35 years old. That's one thing you can count on from him.

Sign Juan Uribe- 3B 2 year deal. Yes, he's old but he won't have to start every game. Gives Cowart/Kubitza time to earn the spot. Great clubhouse guy and does get on base even at his age.

Trade Santiago, Shoe and Cron for prospects or a SP that's MLB ready or already in the show.

Sign Zimmermann or Price

C- Perez

1B- Pujols/Navarro

2B- Zobrist

SS- Aybar

3B- Uribe/Kubi/Cowart

LF- Heyward

CF- Trout

RF- Calhoun

DH- Pujols/Murphy/Navarro

SP- Zimmermann/Price, Heaney, Richards, Weaver, /CJ/Skaggs (Expect Weaver and CJ to both be done before the end of May)

Just spit balling. Haven't taken a hard look at the FA/trade market yet but by adding Heyward and Zobrist to the lineup it really improves our defense and OBP. Uribe too. 

The Angels are in a terrible strategic position because they have Mike Trout. Ironic. They pretty much have to try and win now. I think the only way it is possible is to trade legit pieces. 

I'd probably try to sign Price and Zimmerman and maybe a Lackey type. I'd ship Richards and Newcomb if I could get legit hitters. 

Agree on the win now and the SP. As far as offensive help, please get a capable lead off batter. and one more bullpen arm. 

No way on Heyward and Uribe.  Heyward strikes out a ton and isn't that good.  Uribe straight up sucks.

Well what the hell else is out there, Nate? The Cubs aren't going to hand us Bryant. The Rays aren't going to give us Longo for Salas. Uribe obviously isn't a superstar but he still posted a 1.9 WAR this year. Still fields the ball great, Has the possibility of OBPing .330+ which is much better than anything we can put out there in house. He statistically had a David Freese clone season and is cheaper..

In regards to Heyward. He's 26. .293/.359/.439 with outstanding defense doesn't necessarily scream "He sucks" to me. But hey, we all have our own views.

Adam...

I wouldn't be making any kind of trade with the Cubbies.

There is no way that, as deep as that club is, they would make a trade that is not heavily in their favor.

They have no needs, so really the only way they trade anyone is if the balance scale leans heavily to them.

No way to win (or even come out even), dealing with an org that strong.. especially with the Angels weak scouting staff.

Freese is better than Uribe and younger.  Uribe is also a career NL guy.  Not worth it.  We would be better off rolling the dice on one of our minor leaguers.

Is Freese the guy you wanna stick at 3rd for the next 3-5 years though? If so, then okay. If not, all I'm saying is Uribe would be a decent filler while Kubi/Cowart get more experience. Shared starts at 3rd for a year with Uribe wouldn't be the worst. Obviously not ideal but right now we don't have tons of options.

Edited by Cory

To be fair, that was me, not Scotty. I'm still a fan of Sherm, despite his poor season in Double-A. Hope he rebounds with a solid 2016. 

Is Freese the guy you wanna stick at 3rd for the next 3-5 years though? If so, then okay. If not, all I'm saying is Uribe would be a decent filler while Kubi/Cowart get more experience. Shared starts at 3rd for a year with Uribe wouldn't be the worst. Obviously not ideal but right now we don't have tons of options.

Yeah good point. I like Freese, but we need to spend the $$$ elsewhere and see what we can get from Cowart or Kubitza there.

I feel letting both of those two battle it out for 3B in ST is a good thing. The other can be AAA depth or possibly a reserve infielder. 

Adam...

I wouldn't be making any kind of trade with the Cubbies.

There is no way that, as deep as that club is, they would make a trade that is not heavily in their favor.

They have no needs, so really the only way they trade anyone is if the balance scale leans heavily to them.

No way to win (or even come out even), dealing with an org that strong.. especially with the Angels weak scouting staff.

They could always use another young SP.