• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Well, I still had a blast!

I gotta say, after that horrendous August, I thought the season was over.  The last 2 weeks have been very exciting and the fact that it came down to the last day of the season was something I would have never thought was possible.  Yeah, it sucks the Angels came up a game short but I had still had a lot of fun.  I hope others here feel the same.  Gonna suck to see Scioscia here again in 2016 and beyond but that was a heck of a ride.

I'm looking forward to the new GM, and Scioscia will be back unless he feels he can't contribute and retires.  I think we will get a GM announcement as early as tomorrow, especially if it's Eppler.  That would be good, and it will give us something positive to focus on instead of most of the crap posted today.

None of us are happy that game 162 turned out the way that it did. Of course, two weeks ago few of us believed that game 162 would have any significance. Thanks to a fight that the Angels summoned from somewhere, miraculously it did. The seventh inning today soured the end somewhat, but here we were, contending for a playoff spot with a team that frankly didn't have the overall talent to do it. In the end it was a little too much to ask.

I am oddly at ease with things. The Angels played their asses off the last two weeks. (unfortunately, so did the Astros). They made things fun. You won't get to the playoffs every year, and unfortunately this wasn't our year.

In the grand scheme of things, it is just baseball. So many other things in life are far more important.

I look forward to seeing what the Eppler regime does and whether Arte is willing to put up some money to improve the team.

beatlesrule -- like the attitude and I agree -- I thought the Angels were done in August and to have them come back (and really stage a comeback in Saturday's game) was something -- and to make Game 162 a meaningful game.........

overall - the season was a disappointment. Remember when folks like SI and others had the Angels down in the AL West standings in the pre-season picks and every one scoffed.

Well, apparently they were right -  still a disappointing season.

The only 'good news' if you will -- about Sunday's Game 162 loss is this -- folks -- if we secured the right to play Houston in a one game playoff for the second wild card spot with our pitching staff top to bottom (even with the expanded roster guys who I assume would be eligible to play in a tie-breaker game 163 but not in any playoff games) -- think about it.  Pressed Richards into service with short rest today, would have had to go with our best available and reasonably rested starter for a tie-breaker game vs Houston -- would have been Monday -- and then the Wild Card elimination game Tuesday and then the ALDS best of five series -- our pitching would have been seriously spent by Monday, perhaps Tuesday.........