• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels Notes: Mike Scioscia still confident in Taylor Featherston's defense

It's Featherston's inexperience that sucks, this is what happens when you bring up someone too fast.  You have to run players through a development program properly.  And I hate the plan of taking a rule 5 guy with inexperience, and then forcing him on the roster for the entire year.  He should still be at AA.  If we were rebuilding this move would have maybe been okay, because you're sacrificing this year anyway, but then we ended up in a playoff hunt at the end.

wasting a roster spot on Rule 5 guy Featherston all season may have been one of Scioscia's worst decisions of the season........

I guess the guy may have had a stellar rep as a college player -- but GEEZ -- he did little but take up a roster spot this year -- all season long.

and the reward for keeping the Rule 5 guy up on the roster all season long this year, the requirement to avoid returning him to the Colorado Rockies organization?  We get to have Featherston on our roster next year, too.

I mean, it's like the old adage, of throwing good money after bad,  if you waste a roster spot to keep a guy, you'd better keep him..........yikes!!