• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Matresses

Stradling

i have a crazy badass bed from RH, and it requires a boxspring given how its built.

but i got a thinner boxspring so you dont need a rope ladder to get in bed.

normal size 9" boxsprings are comical when pillowtop mattresses these days are like a foot and a half tall.

Edited by mrwicked

It is just a smaller version of JCP.  Same quality clothing.  I pretty much see all clothing retail as a rip off.  Markup is 3.5x cost on all of it.

I sold big and tall men's clothing in the late 1970s. Our markup back then was 100% or more. If you knew the code, you could tell from the tag on the item what the store paid for it. The salesmen weren't getting rich either. My commission was three percent of everything over $8K for the month (this was at 1977 prices), plus a $500 monthly base salary.

So when I buy a t-shirt at Kohls on clearance for $2, I'm getting ripped off?

No, the guy who paid $45 - 30% sale discount got ripped off. 

The guy two days before you, paid $45 - 30% - 25% scratchoff discount, - another 10% for putting it on a Kohls' card and received $10 in Kohls' cash. He got a fair deal. You got a good deal. Unless of course, the shirt is so hideous you will never wear it outside of your house.

It's not that hard if you keep it simple.

I sold big and tall men's clothing in the late 1970s. Our markup back then was 100% or more. If you knew the code, you could tell from the tag on the item what the store paid for it. The salesmen weren't getting rich either. My commission was three percent of everything over $8K for the month (this was at 1977 prices), plus a $500 monthly base salary.

I worked as a consultant designing a POS/Inventory system for a guy that owned Traffic (very high end clothing store) in the Beverly Center as well as three Hugo Boss franchises.  Part of the inventory system was to enter the cost and the retail multiplier.  I think the smallest I saw was 2.7(sunglasses) and almost all were 3.5.

I only was there for three months getting the system up and running but my girlfriend at the time loved it because I could get those Seven jeans for 35 bucks.

• 1 year later...
On 10/1/2015 at 0:00 PM, Adam said:

Does Kohl's sell mattresses? If so, I'm sure they're regularly priced at $10K but discounted 87%

Plus if you buy at the right time, you get $10 in Kohl's Cash for every $50 you spend.

I just gave away how often that we wind up there.

We bought a Serta Observer Super Pillow Top from RC Willey last August. Very happy with the mattress. Ours required a foundation (what they are calling box springs these days, I suppose). Cost $1,275 for the mattress and $225 for the foundation.