• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Unholy Pope Batman!!

Glen found an article about some congressman that is boycotting his visit because he is talking about Climate change and Cuba instead of Christian persecution in the West and some other absurd stuff.

I like this Pope, he is progressive and really seems like he wants to positively change the world.  More than just a figurehead.

He also chose to eat with the homeless instead of members of Congress.

Liberal Pope has me feeling like a hypocrite because I'm not religious and yet I like him and his message.  Remember that good time after he was selected (Elevated?  I forget what the correct word is.) and fellow liberals like me were bitching and moaning about how terrible his record was?  Good times.

All that said...ha ha, conservatives.  

He opposes gay marriage and goes around promoting his abstinence bullshit in third world countries. I wouldn't call him liberal. 

Cause poor people are gonna f*ck no matter what you do cause they ain't got nothing better to do. Give them condoms and birth control so they don't create more poor people.

Absolutely.  I want my taxpayer dollars going to free birth control.  ****ing is free and it feels good, that's why it's so popular.  If you're so broke you can't even afford a meal, you can still afford to ****.  

Free birth control.  Take extra in case you need it.  Absolutely.

He opposes gay marriage and goes around promoting his abstinence bullshit in third world countries. I wouldn't call him liberal. 

I'm Catholic, and a relatively knowledgable one at that. I'll mostly stay away from this topic because it would be too labor intensive on my part, except to correct some obvious mistakes. If you have specific questions, I'll answer them. 

Here's one that I found. You may not be aware, but abstinence has been the only effective control of AIDS in Africa. It's saved millions of people, while those giving a false sense of security by dispensing condoms while denigrating abstinance have actually cost lives, similar to how people who bannned DDT in Africa have indirectly killed millions of people. 

So, what you call "bullshit" has resulted in more people alive. 

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/harvard_researcher_agrees_with_pope_on_condoms_in_africa/

Edited by Juan Savage

He's still Catholic. 

What people like about him is that the doesn't automatically side with the Republicans on issues that often have nothing to do with religion in areas like finance or foreign policy. In the USA it tends to be Christian = Republican automatically.

Edited by ScottLux

Pope Francis meets with sex abuse victims and promises accountability.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/pope-francis-meets-church-sex-abuse-victims/story?id=34078823

Meanwhile, this guy continues to live his cushy, retired life at the Vatican:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Francis_Law

Edited by the dude abides