• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The worst world champions of all time

halobob

LOL!

Have to go 100% along with two already mentioned
The 88 Dodgers(that one made me a Lasorda and Dodger hater for life) and..
The 86 Mets..
The Bad Guys Won: A Season of Brawling, Boozing, Bimbo Chasing, and Championship Baseball with Straw, Doc, Mookie, Nails, the Kid, and the Rest

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bad-Guys-Won-Uniform/dp/0062097636

Pathetic offense, but 3 really good starters in Seaver, Koosman, and Matlack.

Willie Mays at age 42 finished his career with the Mets that season, and really struggled.

I remember Mays flailing at several outside pitches in that series in a way that would have made Josh Hamilton proud.

Rather ironic, that once upon a time George Carlin made a joke about Willie Mays being traded to the Mets for the entire Mets team - and that is where he wound up finishing his career.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

The 86 Mets won 108 games.  I don't think they deserve mentioning in this thread.  Now if the thread was titled "Most hated world series winner" or "World series winner with the most d-bags and a-holes" then yea, the 86 Mets would be right there at the top of the list.  

The 86 Mets won 108 games.  I don't think they deserve mentioning in this thread.  Now if the thread was titled "Most hated world series winner" or "World series winner with the most d-bags and a-holes" then yea, the 86 Mets would be right there at the top of the list.  

If we exclude series that were before my time, then 2005 White Sox.

Even if the Angels were to hypothetically sign AJ Pierzynski as a free agent this offseason I would still boo him every time he appeared.

Edited by ScottLux

It's the Halo way. :( Gotta make everyone panic.

The Angels will not appear in the World Series until they get rid of this painfully accurate song.

Edited by ScottLux

This team making the playoffs would be really funny. We can't hit at all and can't pitch all that well either. We have a negative run differential and a lousy record but somehow we've out ourselves in a position to sneak in. I'm sure we will still find a way to blow it, but it's getting hard not to be a little excited.

This team making the playoffs would be really funny. We can't hit at all and can't pitch all that well either. We have a negative run differential and a lousy record but somehow we've out ourselves in a position to sneak in. I'm sure we will still find a way to blow it, but it's getting hard not to be a little excited.

After the allstar break I swore I would not let myself get buttercupped unless the Angels swept a series against the Astros and/or Rangers. If such a sweep does in fact happen this year I may end up getting built up just in time for the Angels to go to the postseason. If they get in, anything can happen :)

yankees1-300x3001.jpg

Edited by ScottLux

We have a 6 game home stand against the Mariners, and A's.  Followed by 4 in Texas, who might have already clinched the division by then.  The fact that we are just 1 game back in the loss column of the Astros means we have a really good shot at making the postseason.  

The Astros play 3 against Texas, then 3 in Seattle.  But they struggle on the road even worse than we do.  Then they finish with 3 in Arizona, who arent as bad as their record might indicate, with a +24 run differential.  We still have to worry about the Twins too, we still have lost 1 more game than them.  Its a toss up for who gets that 2nd wild card spot.  But it would be pretty funny if all 3 teams tie for the 2nd spot.  That would create some scheduling problems for sure.

We have a 6 game home stand against the Mariners, and A's.  Followed by 4 in Texas, who might have already clinched the division by then.  The fact that we are just 1 game back in the loss column of the Astros means we have a really good shot at making the postseason.  

The flip side is is that we will have six games against teams with nothing to lose, who would like nothing better than to kill our postseason chances. I don't necessarily believe that we have a good shat just because the M's and A's are coming to town. We will still need outside help regardless.