• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Struggling Chris Iannetta has vanished from Angels lineup

AngelsWin.com

People who think we've had a better option than Iannetta the last few years, before the second half of this year are stupid.

Conger could have been much better for us had he been given greater playing time instead of Scioscia's OCD platoon nonsense. He is doing much better with the Astros with more consistent play time. 

To be fair though even though I thought the trade was a huge disaster at the time, the Conger for Perez and Tropeano seems to be working out not horribly for the Angels :)

He's been on a 4 year slump

What a ridiculous post. Iannetta was a massive part of our success last year.

And anyone who ever complained about the Conger trade must not know too much about baseball. It was a heist of the highest order, even with Conger hitting better than any of us expected.

Iannetta had a much better year last year than Conger is having this year. That's with Iannetta playing in Anaheim and Conger playing in that silly stadium in Houston.

If you look up my posts from that time I was frustrated that we traded away some potentially viable third catchers that would have allowed the second worst pitch framer in the league to participate in games as DH.

This year it's ironic that Iannetta had improved defensively but has gone full Mathis (with a bit more per) as a batter.

People who think we've had a better option than Iannetta the last few years, before the second half of this year are stupid.

Hank-Conger.jpg

It's amazing what regular playing time can do. Just look at what has been happening lately with Featherston.

The Conger deal was a pretty good one for us --- didn't we get Gott in that deal?? (as sort of the 'second' guy in the trade with who else? Tropeano (spelled wrong?).

And it was a win for Conger who wasn't getting or going to get playing time here under Scioscia.  Why? Not sure -- but Conger certainly had some defense issues behind the plate while developing with the Halos.........now Conger is getting more playing time -- he's on some sort of platoon over in Houston and they've had a good season despite their late season faltering here.

It's great for the local guy to get regular MLB playing time........good to see him get the chance and making the most of it.

I was wrong -- Gott wasn't the second player in that deal -- Carlos Perez was.

still think it was a good deal for us and for Conger.

Perez is pretty good behind the plate -- an upgrade over Conger on D if I remember Conger's time behind the dish here right.

Iannetta  was pretty good behind the plate when we first signed him after his years in Colorado -- but this year and even part of last year, to me anyway, his defense behind the plate fell off significantly.

The Conger deal was a pretty good one for us --- didn't we get Gott in that deal?? (as sort of the 'second' guy in the trade with who else? Tropeano (spelled wrong?).

And it was a win for Conger who wasn't getting or going to get playing time here under Scioscia.  Why? Not sure -- but Conger certainly had some defense issues behind the plate while developing with the Halos.........now Conger is getting more playing time -- he's on some sort of platoon over in Houston and they've had a good season despite their late season faltering here.

It's great for the local guy to get regular MLB playing time........good to see him get the chance and making the most of it.

We got Gott and Street in exchange for Taylor Lindsey, RJ Alvarez, Jose Rondon, and sme right handed relief pitcher I've never heard of.  

We got Tropeano and Perez for Conger. If you look at years of remaining service time for those players the Conger trade is actually extremely lopsided in favor of the Angels, especially since Carlos Perez has turned out to be a good defensive catcher.

I wasn't saying the trade was a bad idea as much as Conger should have been receiving closer to equal playing time with Iannetta in 2013 and 2014. I actaully would have preferred the Angels to carry a third catcher and occasionally use Iannetta as DH to keep his bat in the lineup.

Edited by ScottLux

What a ridiculous post. Iannetta was a massive part of our success last year.

And anyone who ever complained about the Conger trade must not know too much about baseball. It was a heist of the highest order, even with Conger hitting better than any of us expected.

A heist of the highest order? that kind of depends if Tropeano pans out or not. Obviously, Conger has the qualities that Houston was looking for in a catcher. I'd give it another year before I call it a heist.