• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Right-To-Die Bill Passes In California

Your assumptions that suffering only lasts "a few months" and that modern medicine alleviates this leads me to believe that you've never had someone close to you have to go through it.

Also, you say: ... that's you deciding for people what a good life is - you're imposing your values on them"

That isn't what people are doing at all. I'm surprised you even made that statement. What people are saying is that those suffering should be allowed to decide for themselves. You have attached an argument to one side that just isn't there.

Modern medicine can relive pain. maybe not all, but in most cases. You're right, then, but that's not my main point. I acknowledge that there will be more individual suffering if doctors don't kill people in pain. 

If you restrict the "right to die" to some people, you're imposing values. You're saying that only those whom you consider are leading a painful or "undignified" life, can die. Answer this 

What would you tell somebody who goes to a doctor to kill himself, but who isn't sick? 

I wouldn't

Modern medicine can relive pain. maybe not all, but in most cases. You're right, then, but that's not my main point. I acknowledge that there will be more individual suffering if doctors don't kill people in pain. 

If you restrict the "right to die" to some people, you're imposing values. You're saying that only those whom you consider are leading a painful or "undignified" life, can die. Answer this 

What would you tell somebody who goes to a doctor to kill himself, but who isn't sick?

I'd say:" If that's what you've decided is best for you, go with God."

What would you say?

But this bill doesn't grant ownership of our bodies to us. Big Papa still has to grant to us the right to die. 

The bill doesn't give us a "right to die." It says that people living undignified, pointless, painful lives can decide they'd be better off dead. It decides what makes lives pointless. 

I don't know where such a right would come from, either. 

• 2 weeks later...

simplistic question . . . 

why don't terminally ill people just jump off a bridge or step in front of a train? 

Tank you should know that answer.  What happens is what happened when the dumbshit tried to commit suicide in Burbank a few years ago.  Of course he chickened out.  And killed what, a dozen people and cost the taxpayers millions in the process.