• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cespedes

fan_since79

Yeah, or acquire Street, Santiago, Skaggs, Heaney, Newcombe, Giavotella, Perez or Tropaeno for aging/overrated players.

Any GM who signs with us from this point forward with Scioscia around, after what happened with him and Dipoto, will be a puppet who has zero mind of his own. Progressive GM's with an eye for talent like Dipoto wouldn't ever want to be apart of the toxic environment we call the Angels front office.

Dipoto's eye for talent resulted in this offense. Look at the list of players you mention. Two hitters and the both suck.

(btw, Newcombe was drafted) .And when we acquired Street, this place went apeshit over the "overrated" players we sent to SD

Edited by Lou

So you want everyone to quit ?

see what I did there?

Also, well thought out responses are not allowed here

No I was merely pointing out that my good friend Mr. Tomsred made one statement about bashing people who aren't here then took a shot at Dipoto who is not here.

As many have stated lets move on. You don't see me rushing out and wildly defending Dipoto anymore and its because I have moved on. There will be a new GM soon enough and I'm hoping the Angels do it right because I don't want the team to take a step back. We were moving forward and I want it to stay that way.

I really think Cespedes is going to be a free agency flop. There is nothing in his past that says this is the player he is. I hope the Angels stear clear of him.

This is what everyone here said at the deadline, where do you think we would be with the numbers hes put up for the mets i wonder?

I really think Cespedes is going to be a free agency flop. There is nothing in his past that says this is the player he is. I hope the Angels stear clear of him.

I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks he's going to put up a full season of numbers like he's put up this year. He did have a 116 OPS+ with Oakland in 2014. I'd say that's closer to the player he really is. He's basically a brown version of Calhoun. I'd take that in the lineup any day of the week.

Is that worth the contract he's going to get? No. But no impact player will ever meet the expectations of their contract. Not in today's day and age.

This is what everyone here said at the deadline, where do you think we would be with the numbers hes put up for the mets i wonder?

probably would have cost us Ellis and Smith relative to what NY gave up.  But yeah, he would have helped big time. 

Honestly, with as bad as we played and considering that we have an outside chance at the playoffs, I think we'd be in first place right now.   4-5 wins better than we are now would be a stretch, but I think he'd have made that big of a difference.  

Sure offense is down, but if we stay at our current pace, we will score the fewest runs of any Halo team over the last 40 years.  

My theory on why the team went in the tank after the break was decreased morale from getting no help.  

but you know..stoneman.   

Cespedes has more home runs this month than Calhoun, Trout, and Pujols combined.

And if you add Cron to the mix, he comes up just one short of those four.

The most amount of home runs he has hit in a season is 26, now all of a sudden in a contract year he cracks 35. He us hitting over .300 or about .40 points above his career norm.

This just screams ped suspension but that won't happen because next season he settles back into hitting .260 with a .300 OBP.

Edited by notti

probably would have cost us Ellis and Smith relative to what NY gave up.  But yeah, he would have helped big time. 

Honestly, with as bad as we played and considering that we have an outside chance at the playoffs, I think we'd be in first place right now.   4-5 wins better than we are now would be a stretch, but I think he'd have made that big of a difference.  

Sure offense is down, but if we stay at our current pace, we will score the fewest runs of any Halo team over the last 40 years.  

My theory on why the team went in the tank after the break was decreased morale from getting no help.  

but you know..stoneman.   

But they were kicking everyone's ass before the trade deadline. You would have thought they would have been riding high, confident they didn't need any help.

he's really making a case for a high price tag, and someone will be starry-eyed at what he's doing now and grossly overpay, thinking this is how he'll always play.

i think if he'd be willing to sign for something in the 12-15 mil range, you have to look at a deal. we don't have anyone to play left who can offer what he currently offers.

plus, we already know from that workout video that he can jump really good.

The most amount of home runs he has hit in a season is 26, now all of a sudden in a contract year he cracks 35. He us hitting over .300 or about .40 points above his career norm.

This just screams ped suspension but that won't happen because next season he settles back into hitting .260 with a .300 OBP.

So they only test players who are doing well or exceeding career norms?

I am saying his numbers point to some mischief leading into contract time but testing is random. Once he finishes up this year he could go on the Hamilton juice diet and be a total flop next season. Once the ink is dry there really is no reason to keep taking chances.