• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/8 vs. Dodgers

Ray McKigney

It's probably the bubble machine in the clubhouse.

Or maybe they actually, you know, tell their players what their doing wrong and how to fix it.

Meanwhile, Trout begins every at bat 0-1, and takes the only good pitch he sees.  Still see dumb base running, still trotting out players who routinely cost us games in the field.  No changes are ever made.  

Why is Iannetta in the lineup? Perez is batting .462 over the last week. Iannetta batting .111 over the same span. Does Scioscia even want to win?

I'll take that one as well.  Maybe it's because he is trying to pace his two catchers to keep them fresh.  The majority of the starts are going to Perez, but the heat and catching take their toll.  Remember fans want the best possible statistical lineup every night, but in reality that is not possible due to a variety of reasons.

Edited by tomsred

I'll take that one as well.  Maybe it's because he is trying to pace his two catchers to keep them fresh.  The majority of the starts are going to Perez, but the heat and catching take their toll.  Remember fans want the best possible statistical lineup every night, but in reality that is not possible due to a variety of reasons.

Good point. It's a little warm out today.

Pestano had a 1.97 WHIP with the Halos earlier this season. Do we really want to go down that path again?

While I agree with you, I do think that Pestano's recent numbers at SLC are very impressive considering how difficult it is to pitch well in the PCL. 

I'm getting very tired of the platoon arrangement in LF. I've never ever seen the L/R, R/L platoon work on this team, yet Scioscia insists on using it. I'd like to see him replaced just for this very obsession. 

Edited by failos