• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

When do you guys start bi***ing about Trout?

stormngt

I have read post bi**ing about Scioscia, Moreno, Pujols, the pitching, the 7-9 hitters (rightfully so).  When do you guys start bi***ing about Trout?  It is no coincidence that the Angels slump has coincided with Trout's slump.  He is the best player in the league.  He is our MVP.  Yet he has completely tanked.  And so the Angels have tanked.  MVP"s are supposed to step up and carry their team through a playoff hunt.  Trout is hiding.  Yes, he has hit better the last two weeks and coincidentally so has the Angels. Yet he is not rising up to his greatness and carry this team into the playoffs.  Case in point:  The last two losses, one against the Rangers and one last night against the Dogs.  In both cases Trout comes up in the 9th inning representing the tying run.  In both cases Trout strikes out looking.  Out of the six strikes called on Trout during those two critical ABs, he swung once.  ONCE!  I can understand flying out, grounding out, hell even striking out swinging.  But he goes down looking.  Great players do not keep the bat on their shoulders.  We very easily could be one game behind the Rangers and three behind Houston.  Instead Trout keeps the bat on his shoulders!  What the hell happened to him?

Trout's slide in productivity IMO coincides with his taking a first pitch much too often, putting him at a disadvantage if that first pitch is a strike. Opposing pitchers can throw a room service fastball right down the middle with impunity. Until and unless that changes, you'll see the current Mike Trout, and that is not nearly enough. Pujols is done and Trout and Calhoun are all we've got. He needs to step it up.

Trout is surrounded by crap and we find a reason to bitch about him. Laughable! I really wish that the Angels would trade him to the Astros or the Royals. Maybe even to a team with a hitters ballpark so he could rake in record breaking HOF numbers. Then we can bitch about why we traded him. Trout will probably ask to be dealt in the near future because he is being held back by this ship of fools. Pujols has to be joined at the hip...really?

I have read post bi**ing about Scioscia, Moreno, Pujols, the pitching, the 7-9 hitters (rightfully so).  When do you guys start bi***ing about Trout?  It is no coincidence that the Angels slump has coincided with Trout's slump.  He is the best player in the league.  He is our MVP.  Yet he has completely tanked.  And so the Angels have tanked.  MVP"s are supposed to step up and carry their team through a playoff hunt.  Trout is hiding.  Yes, he has hit better the last two weeks and coincidentally so has the Angels. Yet he is not rising up to his greatness and carry this team into the playoffs.  Case in point:  The last two losses, one against the Rangers and one last night against the Dogs.  In both cases Trout comes up in the 9th inning representing the tying run.  In both cases Trout strikes out looking.  Out of the six strikes called on Trout during those two critical ABs, he swung once.  ONCE!  I can understand flying out, grounding out, hell even striking out swinging.  But he goes down looking.  Great players do not keep the bat on their shoulders.  We very easily could be one game behind the Rangers and three behind Houston.  Instead Trout keeps the bat on his shoulders!  What the hell happened to him?

It's probably tough to play for a bunch of morons and with a bunch of morons.

With that being said, yes, Trout has sucked major balls lately. Maybe he wants a change too?

Trout is surrounded by crap and we find a reason to bitch about him. Laughable! I really wish that the Angels would trade him to the Astros or the Royals. Maybe even to a team with a hitters ballpark so he could rake in record breaking HOF numbers. Then we can bitch about why we traded him. Trout will probably ask to be dealt in the near future because he is being held back by this ship of fools. Pujols has to be joined at the hip...really?

I disagree. There's been plenty of games where Calhoun and Pujols contributed and Trout pulled an 0-fer. 

Love Mike Trout, but he has SUCKED the past 5 weeks and quite frankly, but not him alone, he will most likely cost us a playoff berth. 

Your best players need to carry your team. 

Has has sucked at the plate the last month or so, frustrating to watch.  Watching his take-the-first-pitch-down-broadway strategy only accentuates the frustration.  He frequently ends up with 0-2 or 1-2 counts where he is at the mercy of some pretty good pitchers.   It's not a coincidence that Pujols often does the same thing.

Also not a coincidence that his tailspin began with the wrist problem. 

I disagree. There's been plenty of games where Calhoun and Pujols contributed and Trout pulled an 0-fer. 

He has SUCKED the past 5 weeks. 

I don't know how to look up his last 5 weeks or I would but his triple slash in his last 30 days is not at all Trout-ian but it's not terrible either.

.250/.377/.400

Trout is not the only player who is to passive and taking first pitch meatballs. Pujols and Calhoun have been doing the same thing (the others were already not so good).

That's why I've been bitching about all the coaches, not just Sciosca but Butcher, the windmill boys (Disarcina and Griffin), Baylor, all of them.

Everyone slumping at once, encouraging stupid base running, unnecessary player substitutions, all of it is symptomatic of bad coaching top to bottom.

I've already given my take on Trout.

The guy has been MLB average for 6 weeks (miserable in the power category), and can't even steal a base anymore.

At this rate, not even top 3-4 in the MVP voting

I also have no faith in any of the coaching staff anymore.

Clean purge is needed!   Along with Arte Moreno re-dedicating himself to spending money to bring in good scouts and development folks! 

Edited by Angel Oracle

I've already given my take on Trout.

The guy has been MLB average for 6 weeks (miserable in the power category), and can't even steal a base anymore.

At this rate, not even top 3-4 in the MVP voting

I also have no faith in any of the coaching staff anymore.

Clean purge is needed!   Along with Arte Moreno re-dedicating himself to spending money to bring in good scouts and development folks! 

Let me see if I have this right... I don't mean any offense, I really want to see if I'm understanding you correctly...

If the season ended today, MVP voting would look like this:

1. Donaldson

2. Someone

3. Someone

4. Someone

5. Trout

Who are these 2-3 players that have been more valuable than Trout?