• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pinch hitter in the cleanup spot

Docwaukee

Typical

Players get credit for the win.

Manager gets credit for the loss.

I don't care who gets credit for what, but quite a few of the player performances tonight were very poor, especially the relief pitchers.  The bullpen construction is back to sucking, mainly because Dipoto and Stoneman ignored it this year, no adjustments were made except at the beginning when Dipoto weakened it, especially the Jepson for Joyce trade.  The summary of this year is that we somewhat strengthened the starting pitching, but at the expense of the offense and bullpen.  It's looks like it will be a big project for the next GM to sort this mess out. 

I thought Scioscia did a great job of managing tonite. It's a team sport ... players are relied on to perform.

you mean like when he brought in a lefty in the 5th inning prompting Mattingly to counter with known lefty killer Justin Ruggiano?

or pinch hitting Matt Joyce?

or his insistence on going LRLRLRLR so our hottest hitter is left in the on deck circle to end the game while he plays the matchup game with our cleanup hitter?  

Don't get me wrong, those are far from egregious decisions.  But they made a difference.  

Yes it's more on the players, but it's not like they lost in spite of his stellar moves.  

you mean like when he brought in a lefty in the 5th inning prompting Mattingly to counter with known lefty killer Justin Ruggiano?

or his insistence on going LRLRLRLR so our hottest hitter is left in the on deck circle to end the game while he plays the matchup game with our cleanup hitter?  

Don't get me wrong, those are far from egregious decisions.  But they made a difference.  

Yes it's more on the players, but it's not like they lost in spite of his stellar moves.  

Way, way too much effort put into a response to a troll daddy post.

Don't get me wrong, those are far from egregious decisions. But they made a difference.

Excuse me ... I didn't realize the team had a legit cleanup hitter.

I get the frustration but to micro manage every move that doesn't workout is insane.

Sorry, I know you guys think I'm trolling you but really not the case. I a big fan of Scioscia's managing skills. I've been consistent about that here.

If the Angels would of won the game ... I doubt there would of been one post praising his moves.

Lefty Righty match ups our a big part of the game in the late innings.