• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jeff Mathis

happybat4

I'm one of the few that has never said anything bad on this guy. He always gave a100% and never complained. No he never panned out the way we all hoped but he never hurt the team. In fact, his offense in the playoffs is better than Trouts :)

Agreed. 

IMO he got more playing time than I would have liked, but that is the fault of Scioscia's irrational hatred of Mike Napoli, nothing against Mathis himself. 

Now the question is does he bat before the pitcher or after?

Watched part of the Cubs-Dodgers game a couple of days ago and Joe Maddon had his pitcher batting eighth. 

If he were still in the AL, a manager might be better off letting his pitchers hit and having the DH bat for Mathis.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Hey, for all the digs at Mathis here, one thing is clear.

He has managed to eke out a nearly 10 year MLB career despite his meager offensive out put.

I would take an educated guess that that 10 years of MLB service time puts him in the top 30 percentile of average MLB service time these days.

Hey, for all the digs at Mathis here, one thing is clear.

He has managed to eke out a nearly 10 year MLB career despite his meager offensive out put.

I would take an educated guess that that 10 years of MLB service time puts him in the top 30 percentile of average MLB service time these days.

I wonder how long ago he would have been out of the game had his career not started here playing for Scioscia.