• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Next Season

Stradling

We need a lead off hitter so Trout can have two guys in front of him who can get on base. 2nd base or 3rd base need to be fixed too. I can't see both happening. I believe in our starters, but we need another bullpen arm or two.

Richards

Heaney

Santiago

Skaggs

Weaver

That looks solid to me but I wouldn't complain if we got a front end guy

We need a lead off hitter so Trout can have two guys in front of him who can get on base. 2nd base or 3rd base need to be fixed too. I can't see both happening. I believe in our starters, but we need another bullpen arm or two.

Richards

Heaney

Santiago

Skaggs

Weaver

You forget CJ Wilson? Highly doubtful they can trade him this offseason when he'll be rehabbing elbow surgery to remove bone spurs

I also think the team needs a legit front-end guy. Richards/Heaney as their 2/3 would be perfect. Skaggs/Weav, etc in the back-end. Trade Santiago for a bat

David Price. Get David ****ing Price! 

Sadly, we're screwed with Weaver and CJ clogging up 2 spots in the rotation for one more year unless we pull a miracle and trade CJ. 

I'd really like to trade Santiago either for a prospect or a bat. He has been terrible since just before the ASB. His numbers before that screamed regression too.

Go into 2016 with a rotation of Price, Heaney, Richards, Weaver, CJ/Skaggs. (Shoe, Newcomb after)

I think we'll most likely get a Zimmerman or Shark type guy. They have Angels written all over them. Not ace caliber but come up 2/3 type and more affordable.

The bullpen for the most part is fine. Maybe add one more piece for 6th/7th.

Definitely think we need to explore options for 2B and LF. I'd be okay with Murphy in LF full time but if we can get something better like Cespedes then why not?

Edited by Cory

Richards

Heaney

Santiago

Skaggs

Weaver

That does not look solid. Weaver is done. Who knows what Skaggs will be as he wasn't proven before the injury. Santiago is mediocre and Richards is as well. I love Heaney's upside. With that said, they need front end starters

I don't have much confidence in Richards either. Before his 2014 season he gave no indication of being anywhere close to that good. What we're seeing right now from him is probably what we're going to expect down the line. Not that Ace type dominant Richards.

That was Scotty. He said it so much last season that it just felt like a bunch of people were saying it.

Lol. An Indian said it last time they faced him. It might have been Brantley. And I feel like another coach just said it recently. He's a great #2 at the very least. But a 3/4? Maybe on the Dodgers

Lol. An Indian said it last time they faced him. It might have been Brantley. And I feel like another coach just said it recently. He's a great #2 at the very least. But a 3/4? Maybe on the Dodgers

By all means, I'm not calling him a bottom of the rotation starter. He's a 2 maybe 3 at his lowest. Something similar to Jordan Zimmerman. Just not someone I want anchoring the top of our rotation. 

These threads are pointless until something is done with the Pujols black hole in the MOTO.  Surround the black hole with more quality players, however unlikely, and you still got a black hole who, even when on base, resembles a stationary object.  He's among the league leaders in leaving RISP and seems to be resuming his GIDP quest (9th all time).  Neither will get better with age (whatever it is).  The two 10yr contracts will enable him hitting 3rd or 4th, sucking up any MOTO rally energy. 

Who cares, this team won't be fixed in a year. 2017 seems like or best bet with Heaney, Richards, Newcomb, and Skaggs developing over the course of 2016. Maybe they can add a bat over the winter that will help for the long term, Heyward/Upton/Cespedes, and then build off of that, but they won't be fixed in an offseason.

Cowart is still intriguing, he's struggled but seems to be finding his stride. If he can just hit .250 with his defense, it's a major boost. Good to see him walking at the least. Think he could be Freese with much better defense and speed, and perhaps a better bat.

We have a ton of pitchers but many of them suck balls. I'd prefer to keep Santiago and Shoe, personally. Santiago's first half was a fluke (obviously) but he's still a valuable middle of the rotation starter. Shoe is a very good back end starter. Both guys are cheap.

Richards is looking like he may not be the ace we thought he was, but given his stuff he could still be a good 2-3 guy. Heaney is in the same boat. That leaves a spot open and since Weaver appears to be "done", and Wilson's health is in question, I'd think adding a frontline starter should be a priority this offseason.

Price is a good choice. Zimmerman would be my choice though, since he would be cheaper. Stick Weaver in the bullpen and you have a rotation of:

Zimmerman

Richards

Heaney

Santiago

Shoemaker

with Skaggs, Trop, and Newcomb as depth.