• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

where have you been

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

anyone been to southeast asia?

thinking i might bop around thailand, cambodia ("we're going up river about 75 klicks above the do lung bridge." "that's cambodia caption." "that's classified"), vietnam, maybe malaysia? for like 3 weeks in feb/march. either that or scottland/ireland/north england but i think the weather would kind of suck around then. SE asia seems pretty ideal. 

I havent been to thailand (yet), but went up and down vietnam a few years back. Most people swear by it, but for me, meh. Wasnt bad at all, just wasnt 'great'. I would go back to europe before SEA, but thats just me

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Weatherwise that's a good time to go there. I love Thailand. Whether you go to the beach resorts or up north the food rocks and there's plenty to see. Singapore is cool but will make SF seem cheap. If you like to dive I'd choose Indonesia. Some really awesome spots there. Malaysia is too Muslim for my taste.

Diving indonesia is on my list for sure

22 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Weatherwise that's a good time to go there. I love Thailand. Whether you go to the beach resorts or up north the food rocks and there's plenty to see. Singapore is cool but will make SF seem cheap. If you like to dive I'd choose Indonesia. Some really awesome spots there. Malaysia is too Muslim for my taste.

sweet. thanks for the input. yeah the weather seemed ideal. i dont want fancy/expensive, so i'll avoid singapore. the wife is a certified diver but i'm not. would love to get certified one day though.

i was in honduras and just the snorkeling alone was insane, i heard the diving was some of the best in the world and i was bummed i couldnt check it out.

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I havent been to thailand (yet), but went up and down vietnam a few years back. Most people swear by it, but for me, meh. Wasnt bad at all, just wasnt 'great'. I would go back to europe before SEA, but thats just me

cool. yeah i think i'll likely do thailand and cambodia, and then maybe one more country.

i hear you on doing Europe before SEA... that's why i roll to spain and morocco later this week. ;)

3 hours ago, mrwicked said:

sweet. thanks for the input. yeah the weather seemed ideal. i dont want fancy/expensive, so i'll avoid singapore. the wife is a certified diver but i'm not. would love to get certified one day though.

i was in honduras and just the snorkeling alone was insane, i heard the diving was some of the best in the world and i was bummed i couldnt check it out.

How was honduras overall? Im looking to hit roatan in the next year or two for diving.

3 hours ago, mrwicked said:

cool. yeah i think i'll likely do thailand and cambodia, and then maybe one more country.

i hear you on doing Europe before SEA... that's why i roll to spain and morocco later this week. ;)

Jealous on the morocco part flr sure, wish id checked it out while i was there. Make sure you write "dodgers suck" in some bathroom stalls in madrid...spread the word.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

as a vegetarian, you couldn't pay me nearly enough to go to southeast asia. or northeast asia. or asia just in general.

Indian restaurants always have vegetarian..(real vegetarian) options, and there are plenty in SEA. I traveled with a vegan GF. But it is sotra hard to avoid fish sauce and shrimp paste and meat stock otherwise. People didn't understand why wealthy Americans didn't want meat, it made zero sense to them.

That said, going to SEA and not eating fish would be like going to Switzerland and not eating chocolate..   

Damn...now I really want Som Tam.

just got back from another weekend in Lexington, opening an office there, but its my favorite town in the South

Id guess besides being the horse capital of the world, its probably the blue blooded American capital as well.  If theres a bad area, you have to really look for it.  Those rolling hills with perfect grass and high dollar horses running around on it, sure is a pretty sight.  The freeway trip to Lousiville has to be one of the nicest stretches of freeway road in the USA.  Lots and lots of Bourbon, of course.

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

just got back from another weekend in Lexington, opening an office there, but its my favorite town in the South

Id guess besides being the horse capital of the world, its probably the blue blooded American capital as well.  If theres a bad area, you have to really look for it.  Those rolling hills with perfect grass and high dollar horses running around on it, sure is a pretty sight.  The freeway trip to Lousiville has to be one of the nicest stretches of freeway road in the USA.  Lots and lots of Bourbon, of course.

our singing group has been there twice, and the countryside is as pretty as it gets. driving around those horse farms is insane, too.

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

Again, just don't be black and stay away from black people and Chicago is as safe as anywhere.

Anywhere north of The Loop and east of the JFK, and you can feel pretty safe, even if you are black.

Joe Maddon glasses giveaway at Wrigley on Sept 2 v SF.

Joe-Maddon-planning-biggest-celebration-

16 hours ago, notherhalo said:

anything going on in Chicago this weekend?

• 3 weeks later...

Back from couple weeks in Spain and Morocco.

F*cking amazing out there! I didn't particularly love Barcelona (it was gorgeous and we had a great time but the people in general weren't particularly jolly, and I had to drop a dude on Las Ramblas), but Sevilla is now one of my all time favorite towns in Western Europe. Just absolutely stunning in every way. It was hard to leave.

Morocco is insane and so much damn fun. Every person alive needs to go to Marrakech at some point in their life. We stayed in the heart of it all - a Riad in the Medina ("old town") that was like something out of a movie. The famous Jemma el-Fnaa market is more than I can even describe. Just google it - it's another world. Watched the sunrise over north africa from a hot air balloon out in the dessert one morning, just breathtaking. I would go back in an instant and explore more of the country. It gets damn hot though - was 108-110 a couple of days we were there. Walking around even in sunglasses your eyes start to hurt a bit from the hot wind. 

Had a blast overall. Gonna give my liver a little break over the next week.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

um, dude, enough with the travelogue info. let's get to the heart of the matter -- how were the scones?!?

i'd say strong. to uh.. very strong.

in spain though - the mutha f*ckin iberico ham. made from black racing pigs. it was high on my list to check out. and oh man it's amazing. i was hitting it every day.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Dangit wicked.....sigh...now I'll obsess and work too much and add another place to my list. 

Had a chance to go to Morocco a few months back, but picked somewhere else. Kicking myself 

Dude - next time just go! We had a fantastic time. It can be overwhelming, as the streets in told town are skinny as hell and just buzzing with motorbikes and bicycles (and the bigger ones allow cars) and people going every which way. There are just no rules other than don't get run over. It was times square in NYC busy times 10,000. And at night, I mean even midnight or 2am it's hopping because it's so hot during the day so everyone comes out at night. I had never seen such a busy place and it's even crazier in such confined quarters. But holy sh*t was it a fantastic place. The market is just absolutely, completely unreal. I wish I could post photos or videos on here. Just a really, really amazing place.

But I mean it's a 180 from SF / Cali. The average yearly income of someone in Morocco is something like $6,500. My wife described it as "it's disgusting, and it's beautiful."

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

Dude - next time just go! We had a fantastic time. It can be overwhelming, as the streets in told town are skinny as hell and just buzzing with motorbikes and bicycles (and the bigger ones allow cars) and people going every which way. There are just no rules other than don't get run over. It was times square in NYC busy times 10,000. And at night, I mean even midnight or 2am it's hopping because it's so hot during the day so everyone comes out at night. I had never seen such a busy place and it's even crazier in such confined quarters. But holy sh*t was it a fantastic place. The market is just absolutely, completely unreal. I wish I could post photos or videos on here. Just a really, really amazing place.

But I mean it's a 180 from SF / Cali. The average yearly income of someone in Morocco is something like $6,500. My wife described it as "it's disgusting, and it's beautiful."

Well, most people outside of California call us disgusting and beautiful.