• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

where have you been

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Anyone been to Scandinavia? We are thinking of doing Lapland, Finland for Christmas. Supposed to be other-worldly insane. High on my bucket list, along with staying in an ice hotel in Sweden. 

Need to watch this show first.

Lilyhammer | Netflix

Lilyhammer: A Netflix Original. Still cold as ice. After testifying against the Mafia, ex-gangster Frank Tagliano enters witness protection and asks to be sent to ...

Been back for a month, went out for about 2 months.

Drove all around Montana, maybe the prettiest stretch of roads in the US, competing with the highway that connects Lexington and Louisville in KY.  Livingston was a cool town that looks like the game Fallout, but before the bomb drops.  Lots of other nice places that I guess are on the local, but not national tourist map like Seeley Lake.   Some old man told me to turn one way at some landmark.  I ignored him because I had GPS.  Well, I had no service and didnt download the map so go lost.  Nice 6 hour detour got the best road ever, the MT200.  Laramie WY was a cute town too.

Cape Town, like TORS suggested, was very nice.  Met a nice girl there who hopefully doesnt have AIDS and depending on that I might marry her.  If that happens well definitely get divorced but itll be fun in the meanwhile.  The food is very fresh, the water is very cold and I hope its not inappropriate but I felt uncomfortable at first being around 95% very poor black Africans, but got used to it.  Lots of very safe post apartheid areas for the nervous.  Didnt get a chance to surf it.  Super affordable, even the very nice places.

Mauritius as mentioned earlier was OK.  Better to go with your lady/dude there and check out nature.  I had a meeting there, so wore the slickest suit.  After the dude lent me his driver whos also a weight lifter to take me anywhere around the island.  It was a funny time to walk around a lot of poor people in a suit that costs months of their pay. Begger/vendor types would approach me but then shy away when they saw the large dude shadowing me 5 feet away.  Super cool people, but they live on a really nice island, why not.

London - nobody cares

Ukraine - Girls were very pretty there, dudes look poor but were friendlier than Russians seemed to be in the past.  Apparently thats where they think the West begins, or maybe that line moves as Russia fights their way in more.  Tried to spend money there, buying employees drinks and food non-stop, all night, for a week.  Unsuccessful as their currency to the dollar went from like 3-1 to 18-1.  Good beer, and if you like all those preserved cheeses/sausages/etc you would like the food.  Not for me, but alcohol all the time helps.  Freezing cold.

Israel during X-mas time.  Armageddon was cool, nice to see all the Christian stuff in action.   Muslim areas tended to have better food.  Tel Aviv nightlife was overrated and the girls are about as bad as West LA chicks when it comes to dating.  How much do you make, what kind of car do you drive?   All in 5 minutes.... maybe they are related.  Nazareth was super Christian, but all the Christians in the North are Arabic.  Interesting to see very holy, historic churches with Arabic writing as the main language.  The Christians didnt rage on X-mas eve, the Jews did.  I have family from all religions, sides, etc. (looks like UN) so it was good to be away from them all during that time, for once.

Stockholm - super super clean, nice place to live.  Im usually the guy thats perceived to be more successful, taller, etc. in a lot of third world countries.  I was not that guy in Sweden.  I felt like a poor, uneducated, genetically inferior guy over there.  Things were built super well, every where was spotless and orderly, but not in the obsessive sense like in Germany (wonderful place/people nonetheless).  

Oslo - A lot like the above, didnt have to get passport touched when traveling to.  A little quiet and not a ton to see, but you can still find some good party spots and nightlife.  The people there seem to be very shy and private, until they have 5 beers ($95 later) and are powered by the repression that made them that way 90 minutes ago.  You can spend in one binge night what you spend in 2 binge weeks in Ukraine over there, but if you have the money, I totally recommend it.  If you dont have the money, I recommend E Europe.

Wrote about Reykjavik before and I still like spending a lot of time there, but its getting flooded with obnoxious Yanks and turning into a tourist trap.  Northern lights are worth seeing.

If anyone wants to party in Yucatan, next month, hit me up.  Ill be in Merida.

Wrecked a Volkswagen Thing into the jungle just outside Merida. Left it there, and flew home a few days later. Never heard anything about it. Was a little nervous when renting cars in Mexico for a while...like someone would come out from behind a door and say "We finally found you" but nothing...ever.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Just booked a trip to Maui in a couple weeks. Nice to get out of the city for a bit and decompress. Changing it up from the Four Seasons and gonna stay at Andaz, anyone been? We did dinner there last time we were on Maui and loved it, but this is first time staying there.

I'm going in July so please give a detailed report when you return.

im planning to do SNUBA while there.

13 hours ago, Tank said:

I'm going in July so please give a detailed report when you return.

im planning to do SNUBA while there.

Hey that looks fun! My wife is certified scuba diver, but I'm not. SNUBA looks like a blast.

Who are you gonna use for it?

I see Pride of Maui offers it. We have done the sunset dinner/cocktail cruise with them (and might do it again this time) and it's a blast, they are a top notch company. I might copy your style and get it on this snuba adventure too. 

we hadn't figured out who to use yet, but will probably go with someone who isn't the most expensive. we'll have to look into Pride of Maui. I'm hoping they are reasonably priced . . . and offer scones on the ride out to the SNUBA area. if not, screw them and their uppity ways.

21 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Ha, I've been there once and surprisingly they were really good. 

yeah i wasn't joking. they are f*cking awesome man. can only get em on kauai.

in maui there is a little pie joint we like to hit up on the side of the road near lahaina called Leoda's. same kind of local vibe. we grab a slice of pie, hot dog, and beer/wine. its f*cking delicious.

10 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

yeah i wasn't joking. they are f*cking awesome man. can only get em on kauai.

in maui there is a little pie joint we like to hit up on the side of the road near lahaina called Leoda's. same kind of local vibe. we grab a slice of pie, hot dog, and beer/wine. its f*cking delicious.

Yeah, there's something about how the bun covers all around the dog, and how its steamed that makes it so good. 

I've driven by Leoda's, just haven't been there, will have to check it out next time.  Maybe you've been here before, but if you're up near Paia, try Mama's Fish House. Great seafood, nice local restaurant. 

Andaz looks dope!

I'll be in Maui in May.  We went to the 'private' beach they have at the Andaz or Four Season and I wish I could have gotten a bodyboard and some fins but since I wasn't staying at the hotel that wasn't happening.  Tried Leoda's the first time we went to Maui and it was good but didn't go last time.  Went to Mama's last trip for the first time and it's one of the best meals I've ever had so we'll definitely be going back.  I'd definitely do Kauai again and maybe Oahu but staying away from Waikiki.  Haven't done the big island yet but will some day.   

Visited New Orleans last weekend.  While I was there I visited the National WWII Museum. What a great place. 

As part of the admission you get a "Dog Tag" that allows you to follow the story of someone that participated in WWII.  This is done through Media stations placed through out the Museum.  You swipe your Dog Tag at the station and you get to see and listen to a video about the person you are following.  You can also "collect" artifacts (video or still photos) at the stations as well.  After you leave the Museum you can log onto their website and enter your Dog Tag number and watch the person's story again, as well as look at the artifacts you "collected".  I followed Pappy Boyington (Marine Pilot) and Ernie Pyle (War Correspondent).

In addition there is a 30 - 45 min "4D" multimedia film, "Beyond All Boundaries" narrated by Tom Hanks for an extra $5.  Well worth the price. 

There is another $5 event, the "Final Mission: USS Tang Experience".  While I have always found Submarines to be very interesting, this was not worth the extra $5.

They have a "Canteen" area with a stage for some live acts, but unfortunately I was not able to check this out.  I believe this is also a separate ticket.

If you have any interest in WWII, and find yourself in the New Orleans area, I would highly recommend visiting.  Adult $26, plus you can add a second day for $6 more.

3 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Visited New Orleans last weekend.  While I was there I visited the National WWII Museum. What a great place. 

As part of the admission you get a "Dog Tag" that allows you to follow the story of someone that participated in WWII.  This is done through Media stations placed through out the Museum.  You swipe your Dog Tag at the station and you get to see and listen to a video about the person you are following.  You can also "collect" artifacts (video or still photos) at the stations as well.  After you leave the Museum you can log onto their website and enter your Dog Tag number and watch the person's story again, as well as look at the artifacts you "collected".  I followed Pappy Boyington (Marine Pilot) and Ernie Pyle (War Correspondent).

In addition there is a 30 - 45 min "4D" multimedia film, "Beyond All Boundaries" narrated by Tom Hanks for an extra $5.  Well worth the price. 

There is another $5 event, the "Final Mission: USS Tang Experience".  While I have always found Submarines to be very interesting, this was not worth the extra $5.

They have a "Canteen" area with a stage for some live acts, but unfortunately I was not able to check this out.  I believe this is also a separate ticket.

If you have any interest in WWII, and find yourself in the New Orleans area, I would highly recommend visiting.  Adult $26, plus you can add a second day for $6 more.

That sounds awesome!

I feel like a schmuck I didn't even know the WWII museum was in new orleans. I have to check that out.

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

Sounds great. I had never heard of it before.

We are headed to Hilton Head SC in two weeks, and plan on hitting the Mighty Eighth Airforce museum in Savannah GA.

http://www.mightyeighth.org

It will really hit home when HBO releases the Mighty Eighth miniseries. It's the third installment after Band of Brothers and The Pacific. It takes a long look at the lives of the B17 bomber crews.

8 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Sounds great. I had never heard of it before.

We are headed to Hilton Head SC in two weeks, and plan on hitting the Mighty Eighth Airforce museum in Savannah GA.

http://www.mightyeighth.org

It will really hit home when HBO releases the Mighty Eighth miniseries. It's the third installment after Band of Brothers and The Pacific. It takes a long look at the lives of the B17 bomber crews.

Been meaning to hit that new orleans ww2 museum forever. Is the hbo series still on? I heard about it a few years back, then nothing...like it got scrapped.

10 hours ago, mrwicked said:

That sounds awesome!

I feel like a schmuck I didn't even know the WWII museum was in new orleans. I have to check that out.

i didn't know it was there, either. make room on the schmuck bench so i can join you.