• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You do realize that is further up the chain than the writers? They only try and produce what the top brass demands and those decision makers is where the qualitative process hits an iceberg. It's like blaming the stokers in the engine room for the Titanic hull breach. 

Jason thinks a writer can simply write a script and then get it produced.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

31 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You do realize that is further up the chain than the writers? They only try and produce what the top brass demands and those decision makers is where the qualitative process hits an iceberg. It's like blaming the stokers in the engine room for the Titanic hull breach. 

I have no doubt that this is the case. When i said producing more shows that's what I was getting at. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I have no doubt that this is the case. When i said producing more shows that's what I was getting at. 

Are we talking about producers or writers? Writers can't simply give themselves paid writing jobs.

17 hours ago, Taylor said:

Are we talking about producers or writers? Writers can't simply give themselves paid writing jobs.

Producers. My comment was meant to say that if the studios/executives/producers made shows people wanted to see then the writers would have more opportunities and jobs. 

Edited by Jason

10 hours ago, Kotchman said:

You are correct. Based on everything that I’ve read the most successful have to suck a pecker. Honestly I’m a bit a surprised by the margin you’ve out performed Taylor. 

Have to suck pecker? I think they are choosing to do so. They probably love it too. 

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Producers. My comment was meant to say that if the studios/executives/producers made shows people wanted to see then the writers would have more opportunities and jobs. 

The studios definitely need to rethink their strategies and adapt to the modern world. Sadly, fewer people are going to movie theaters. And young people are spending way more time on TikTok than they are consuming traditional media.

At the same time, the people who complain that there is nothing original coming out of Hollywood are the same people who refuse to show up for solid original content. There are plenty of quality, well-made, well-written films being produced, but folks only show up for sequels to long-standing IPs. The Barbenheimer craze last year was a major anamoly.

11 hours ago, Kotchman said:

You are correct. Based on everything that I’ve read the most successful have to suck a pecker. Honestly I’m a bit a surprised by the margin you’ve out performed Taylor. 

Nepotism is king.

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

The studios definitely need to rethink their strategies and adapt to the modern world. Sadly, fewer people are going to movie theaters. And young people are spending way more time on TikTok than they are consuming traditional media.

At the same time, the people who complain that there is nothing original coming out of Hollywood are the same people who refuse to show up for solid original content. There are plenty of quality, well-made, well-written films being produced, but folks only show up for sequels to long-standing IPs. The Barbenheimer craze last year was a major anamoly.

People want quality. Christopher Nolan has a reputation of producing very original, very high quality films that people want to see. I don't know Oppenheimer was an anomaly in that sense.

Studios however are constantly marketing a bunch of dog shit otherwise, generally speaking. There may be other quality stuff out there, but it isn't marketed well.

10 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Well I’m going to give you shit in retirement. You moving to Virginia?

Currently stuck here for about a year. Wife got her 5th and final surgery on her back after a student attacked her over two years ago. The recovery time is 6 months to  a year before any air travel. Right now her travel distance is to and from the bathroom using a walker. 

42 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Currently stuck here for about a year. Wife got her 5th and final surgery on her back after a student attacked her over two years ago. The recovery time is 6 months to  a year before any air travel. Right now her travel distance is to and from the bathroom using a walker. 

Wow that's horrible. 

51 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Wish her well and a speedy recovery 

To be clear, these are five different surgeries involving both knees, both hands and now vertebrae fusion from S1 up to L4 with repair on L3. Due to the district denying claims, this has dragged out over more than 2 years just to get medical services. 

If you ever saw the movie, or read the book, The Rainmaker, the Fontana School districts department of Risk Management/Workman's Comp plays the same strategy of deny every claim starting with the first incident report. 

From there on it is a battle to get any medical testing done and then every doctor approved surgery is contested along with the extent of services required. They grind you down with refusals and paperwork to the point most give up. 

She didn't give up. This surgery, approved by court order (yes, these end up in front of judges) was, at the last minute, altered as to what the surgeon was allowed to perform by what they copy and paste from their manuals. We recieved an 18 page directive as to what procedures could and what could not be performed. They even rejected a post surgical back brace. It holds no standing but it is their attempt to subvert the surgeon's authority to determine the best course of action. 

So, over two years, multiple lawyers, multiple court dates that are canceled days before, Risk Management plays chicken to see if we blink. This all could have been over and done with and my wife possibly back to work by now. But now there is so many layers of litigation, along with a wrongful termination, that she will probably never see her classroom again. 

There are no recorded multimillion dollar payouts to teachers when they get injured or permanently disabled, that you can do a web search and find. The only filing of recent was the teacher shot by a student when everyone in the front office knew the kid had a gun but did nothing, not even make her aware of it. Her lawyer filled for $40 million unsafe work conditions. Good luck with that, maybe it will spill over to our claim. The student had attacked my wife on 42 separate occasions previously and the District refused to move the student out of her classroom. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

That sucks. Hope she recovers. I was watching videos of kids fighting teachers last week. These kids are animals. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

To be clear, these are five different surgeries involving both knees, both hands and now vertebrae fusion from S1 up to L4 with repair on L3. Due to the district denying claims, this has dragged out over more than 2 years just to get medical services. 

If you ever saw the movie, or read the book, The Rainmaker, the Fontana School districts department of Risk Management/Workman's Comp plays the same strategy of deny every claim starting with the first incident report. 

From there on it is a battle to get any medical testing done and then every doctor approved surgery is contested along with the extent of services required. They grind you down with refusals and paperwork to the point most give up. 

She didn't give up. This surgery, approved by court order (yes, these end up in front of judges) was, at the last minute, altered as to what the surgeon was allowed to perform by what they copy and paste from their manuals. We recieved an 18 page directive as to what procedures could and what could not be performed. They even rejected a post surgical back brace. It holds no standing but it is their attempt to subvert the surgeon's authority to determine the best course of action. 

So, over two years, multiple lawyers, multiple court dates that are canceled days before, Risk Management plays chicken to see if we blink. This all could have been over and done with and my wife possibly back to work by now. But now there is so many layers of litigation, along with a wrongful termination, that she will probably never see her classroom again. 

There are no recorded multimillion dollar payouts to teachers when they get injured or permanently disabled, that you can do a web search and find. The only filing of recent was the teacher shot by a student when everyone in the front office knew the kid had a gun but did nothing, not even make her aware of it. Her lawyer filled for $40 million unsafe work conditions. Good luck with that, maybe it will spill over to our claim. The student had attacked my wife on 42 separate occasions previously and the District refused to move the student out of her classroom. 

Holy crap! What a nightmare

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

That sucks.  You need a better Cals.  Or at least a Whophil.  It's amazing that if a teacher touches a student, that student's parent will immediately sue for millions.  But if a student seriously injures a teacher, they drag it on and on and the teacher sees nothing.