• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

19 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Stop being obtuse, you know that isn't what I said.

I'm not being obtuse, at all. I think you're way off base here. I can't think of any honest to goodness reason why "finding" somebody is a concern. If a person is to be found, their DNA has to be available and then a known somebody that's already consented to have matches to their DNA made has to have submitted a sample. The ONLY issue is the submission of somebody's DNA without their knowledge or consent, which is what the police did with the DNA of the killer.

I don't think that there was any reason for me to obtain consent of other people as the only way they'd be matched against me is if they submitted samples of their own. Furthermore, there's a decent number of relatives out there that one doesn't know.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

22 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

The ONLY issue is the submission of somebody's DNA without their knowledge or consent, which is what the police did with the DNA of the killer.

I would say you lose your right to privacy on your DNA the moment you leave it behind in a crime.  I'm no lawyer but I'm sure there is already legal standing on this issue.  

7 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Yes and while he deserves to spend eternity roasting on a spit in hell that's extremely unsettling.  History has shown us that information like that won't stop at finding killers or even just criminals it will end up being used for marketing and everything under the sun.    

we live in a time where they are mining the eff out of all the data they can find about each of us. I'm not giving them more info about me than is necessary, and right now, my DNA isn't necessary for anyone to have.

if anyone else wants to roll the dice on this, best wishes. i hope it doesn't come back to haunt you or someone you love.

14 hours ago, Rico said:

I would say you lose your right to privacy on your DNA the moment you leave it behind in a crime.  I'm no lawyer but I'm sure there is already legal standing on this issue.  

For you and Rally, do you believe that police should have a warrant to get your DNA?

No, you haven't. You have submitted genetic markers unique to yourself that can be matched with other alike markers but like snowflakes (not whiney libs snowflakes) there is not an exact match. 

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

But you have basically given their DNA to the police

No. I have not. Honestly, I don't have a single regret about using 23andme at this point. I'll elaborate later when I have a chance to. Super busy today.

7 hours ago, RallyMo said:

No. I have not. Honestly, I don't have a single regret about using 23andme at this point. I'll elaborate later when I have a chance to. Super busy today.

so don't keep us in suspense . . . are you and senator elizabeth warren related or not?!?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-halts-seattle-expansion-over-164956641.html

So the Seattle City Council was caught off guard because Amazon has halted it's big campus there.  Even though the city has enacted a $500.00 per employee tax on companies there.

Wait, you mean some companies won't want to pay the tax?  I can't believe it.

11 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-halts-seattle-expansion-over-164956641.html

So the Seattle City Council was caught off guard because Amazon has halted it's big campus there.  Even though the city has enacted a $500.00 per employee tax on companies there.

Wait, you mean some companies won't want to pay the tax?  I can't believe it.

It'll be funny when Amazon builds its second headquarters, then decides to shrink their Seattle one due to high taxes.  

BTW, LA still delusionally thinks they have a good chance at getting the headquarters.