• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm in a close one.  Having a bad year after losing in the championship game last year.  Ton of injuries. 

Screenshot_20221030_210729.jpg

Solid.  Prescott coming back and producing is a huge boost.  I can’t see who else he has going other than Cooper but I think you’ll win.

1 minute ago, cals said:

Solid.  Prescott coming back and producing is a huge boost.  I can’t see who else he has going other than Cooper but I think you’ll win.

He also has Hayden Hurst.

I traded Kenny Pickett for Dak. No joke.  That was when Dak was still hurt. The other team owner is a big Steelers fan and is also having a terrible year, so they felt like just getting a player to enjoy watching. 

We start two QBs. I drafted Tua, Lance, and Mac Jones, all of whom have been or are still hurt.  I picked up Pickett and he got a concussion.  Picked up Brian Hoyer and he got a concussion (I think? He got hurt somehow...). I picked up Skylar Thompson and HE got hurt. 

In the first 6 weeks, out of the 12 total starting QB slots on my team, I only got 5 full games due to all the mid-game injuries that occurred. 

Also, @cals, given our history of interactions on here, am I correct to assume you tagged me initially because you thought I didn't participate in fantasy football? 

This will be the one time I make an exception to tell you something about myself and the people I interact with in the real world.  It's a 12-team league and most of us have been in it for roughly 20 years. We're a pretty close group. I went to college with 5 of the other people.  I've known another since I was 6. I've been in the wedding parties of three people in the league.

One of the owners is a two-time Emmy nominee with about a dozen producing credits on IMDB.  Another has directed two feature films and edited 150+ hours of TV episodes.  Another has writing credits on three network TV series.  Another is the deputy CFO of a company with a market cap of around $150 billion.  Another is the son of a very prominent attorney and philanthropist. Another started a production company with a well-known actor and is the son of a writer/producer who's credited on over 200 TV episodes and films. 

I think I probably associate with people who are far different from whatever bizarre image you've created of me. And they're all great people, too (thankfully, no right-wing nutjobs...).

(Side note:  @Taylor, now that I typed all that out, I realize on paper you'd fit in with my league in terms of profession and family connections.  Ha.)

42 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Also, @cals, given our history of interactions on here, am I correct to assume you tagged me initially because you thought I didn't participate in fantasy football? 

This will be the one time I make an exception to tell you something about myself and the people I interact with in the real world.  It's a 12-team league and most of us have been in it for roughly 20 years. We're a pretty close group. I went to college with 5 of the other people.  I've known another since I was 6. I've been in the wedding parties of three people in the league.

One of the owners is a two-time Emmy nominee with about a dozen producing credits on IMDB.  Another has directed two feature films and edited 150+ hours of TV episodes.  Another has writing credits on three network TV series.  Another is the deputy CFO of a company with a market cap of around $150 billion.  Another is the son of a very prominent attorney and philanthropist. Another started a production company with a well-known actor and is the son of a writer/producer who's credited on over 200 TV episodes and films. 

I think I probably associate with people who are far different from whatever bizarre image you've created of me. And they're all great people, too (thankfully, no right-wing nutjobs...).

(Side note:  @Taylor, now that I typed all that out, I realize on paper you'd fit in with my league in terms of profession and family connections.  Ha.)

I did.  And I give you credit for not telling me to eat shit.  I would have deserved it.  Anyways my league is all guys over played baseball with.  Most of them also smoke lots of marijuana.

16 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

My brother is an attorney, just like @cals.

Now we can all live in harmony. 

I’m not a regular lawyer.  I’m the type of lawyer that hates other lawyers and generally doesn’t tell people I meet that I am a lawyer.  For example, when getting a lap dance, I tell the stripper I work in construction.  My general appearance seems to confirm that in their eyes and then we both treat each other like blue collar equals.  I also own a lot of trucker hats and sleeveless t-shirts with fishing slogans and American flags.

49 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

My dad has been in a fantasy football league with industry folks for a long time. Bill Fagerbakke was in the league for a while.