• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

It doesn’t surprise me. South Koreans are pretty rude. I’ve seen them trample old ladies on the train and they’ll slap the shit out of a woman. They charge us toll fees. We should have let the north annex them

I love me some samgyeopsal and kimchi though 

On 10/27/2022 at 9:57 AM, cals said:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkx7m/poll-abortion-midterms

“Half of women between the ages of 18 and 29 say abortion will matter to them in the midterms—but less than a quarter of men say the same, according to a new VICE News/YouGov poll commissioned by VICE News.

Forty-six percent of all women said that when thinking about the next election, abortion was an “important issue” for them, according to the poll conducted in mid-October, four months after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade. But just 30 percent of all men said the same.”

This brings up an important issue.  For too long people have ignored women’s complete inability to do basic math.  This poor crease thinks 30% is “less than a quarter”.  To me, that’s very sad.

You're not reading the data correctly. To me, that's very sad...

In the first paragraph, the writer is talking about men and women between the ages of 18-29. In the second paragraph, they're talking about the total sample, not just 18-29-year-olds.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

You're not reading the data correctly. To me, that's very sad...

In the first paragraph, the writer is talking about men and women between the ages of 18-29. In the second paragraph, they're talking about the total sample, not just 18-29-year-olds.

You spent so much time to try to prove me wrong and it’s you reading it wrong.  That’s sadder.

5 minutes ago, cals said:

You spent so much time to try to prove me wrong and it’s you reading it wrong.  That’s sadder.

I read the article, looked at the accompanying data, and replied.  Took maybe 3 minutes tops?  And, no, you're the one who is wrong.  It's right there in the data.  23% of men 18-29 say that abortion is an important issue to them in the upcoming election.  That's "less than a quarter."  Here's a direct link to the crosstabs, so you can see the data yourself (assuming you're capable of reading it correctly, which I'm now questioning...):  https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23199969-crosstabs-politics-and-the-election-for-vice-news-age-subgroups

When looking at men overall, that number rises to 30%.  That's what the article says and what the accompanying data files say.  If you think otherwise, you're simply wrong.

21 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I read the article, looked at the accompanying data, and replied.  Took maybe 3 minutes tops?  And, no, you're the one who is wrong.  It's right there in the data.  23% of men 18-29 say that abortion is an important issue to them in the upcoming election.  That's "less than a quarter."  Here's a direct link to the crosstabs, so you can see the data yourself (assuming you're capable of reading it correctly, which I'm now questioning...):  https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23199969-crosstabs-politics-and-the-election-for-vice-news-age-subgroups

When looking at men overall, that number rises to 30%.  That's what the article says and what the accompanying data files say.  If you think otherwise, you're simply wrong.

but less than a quarter of men say the same”

The writer doesn’t qualify the men as 18-29, only the women.

FACE.

1 minute ago, cals said:

but less than a quarter of men say the same”

The writer doesn’t qualify the men as 18-29, only the women.

FACE.

It's clear what was meant--especially when you actually look at the data, which you obviously didn't do.  But go ahead and keep replying, trying to prove you're right, like you always do.  You're wrong.

19 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

It's clear what was meant--especially when you actually look at the data, which you obviously didn't do.  But go ahead and keep replying, trying to prove you're right, like you always do.  You're wrong.

I like how you admit I’m right and then close with “you’re wrong”.  That’s some @Lifetime level shit right there.

4 minutes ago, cals said:

I like how you admit I’m right and then close with “you’re wrong”.  That’s some @Lifetime level shit right there.

I didn't admit you're right.  Again, you seem to have an issue with reading comprehension.  Your original post to which I replied ended with, " This poor crease thinks 30% is “less than a quarter”.  To me, that’s very sad."  I have very clearly shown that the writer did not, in fact, think what you said they did.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I didn't admit you're right.  Again, you seem to have an issue with reading comprehension.  Your original post to which I replied ended with, " This poor crease thinks 30% is “less than a quarter”.  To me, that’s very sad."  I have very clearly shown that the writer did not, in fact, think what you said they did.

If that’s what you want to believe then we both can agree that this dumb crease needs to go back to dirty hippy writing school.

Just now, cals said:

If that’s what you want to believe then we both can agree that this dumb crease needs to go back to dirty hippy writing school.

Again: the data (which I still don't believe you've looked at) clearly says that 23% of men 18-29 say abortion is an important issue in the upcoming elections.  Given the way the sentence in the first paragraph is constructed, any reasonable reader would conclude that the writer is still referring to people within the 18-29 age group, especially when the next paragraph refers to "all women" and "all men."  

There is zero evidence that the writer thinks 30% is less than a quarter, which was your original moronic statement.  Move on.

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Again: the data (which I still don't believe you've looked at) clearly says that 23% of men 18-29 say abortion is an important issue in the upcoming elections.  Given the way the sentence in the first paragraph is constructed, any reasonable reader would conclude that the writer is still referring to people within the 18-29 age group, especially when the next paragraph refers to "all women" and "all men."  

There is zero evidence that the writer thinks 30% is less than a quarter, which was your original moronic statement.  Move on.

She qualifies the women of a certain age and then says “less than a quarter of men”.  The proper way to construct this sentence would be to qualify the men as the same demographic.  The way it reads it not only sounds like she’s referring to all men, but it literally means “all men”.  

So the crease is either a terrible writer or can’t do math.  Either way she has no business working for even a subpar rag like Vice.  

Maybe that shit flies in Vogue or Good Housekeeping, but if a man is going to be reading it, you can’t write like your audience are brainless twats.