• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

Looks like someone is trying to get Jared excised from the whitehouse. 

Reports today that Jared had his clearance downgraded (along with others) as well as countries view him as the useful idiot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/kushners-overseas-contacts-raise-concerns-as-foreign-officials-seek-leverage/2018/02/27/16bbc052-18c3-11e8-942d-16a950029788_story.html?utm_term=.fdd21dab3e5c

And then there is this.  Ben Carson, who MT says is a good man, exercised an insane amount of greed when using $31k in HUD money illegally to buy a new dining set.  He leads a department that is in charge of serving under privileged families, the irony is truly beautiful.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/27/politics/ben-carson-hud-office-furniture-costs/index.html

Edited by nate

7 hours ago, Tank said:

i wonder how carson's spending on this compares to previous HUD secretaries and what they spent. is that a normal amount for that dept. to spend?

just hearing that he spent $31k lacks some context.

He is legally only allowed $5k

6 hours ago, Rico said:

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-ichan-steel-imports-cf7deb8beaf0/

Billionaire investor and longtime Trump confidant Carl Icahn dumped $31.3 million of stock in a company heavily dependent on steel last week, just days before Trump announced plans to impose steep tariffs on steel imports.

That's just good timing!

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Sigh

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/01/us/ben-carson-dining-table-hud.html

On Tuesday, Raffi Williams, a department spokesman said Mr. Carson had no problem with the order and no intention of returningthe table. But early Thursday, Mr. Williams said the secretary, who was sharply criticized for the purchase at a time when his agency is facing $6.8 billion in budget cuts requested by the White House, seemed to change his mind.

Sigh.

http://www.businessinsider.com/oscars-2018-ratings-could-be-the-shows-lowest-ever-2018-3

This is what happens when politics is injected into everything. Good lord, there is enough political nonsense that goes on daily that there is no need for it in our entertainment. The political atmosphere in this country is dividing us so an escape from it is a positive thing. I'm not sure why Hollywood doesn't understand this. How nice would it be if we could go back to watching movies/TV and sporting events without having to deal with divisive political rhetoric? 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/oscars-2018-ratings-could-be-the-shows-lowest-ever-2018-3

This is what happens when politics is injected into everything. Good lord, there is enough political nonsense that goes on daily that there is no need for it in our entertainment. The political atmosphere in this country is dividing us so an escape from it is a positive thing. I'm not sure why Hollywood doesn't understand this. How nice would it be if we could go back to watching movies/TV and sporting events without having to deal with divisive political rhetoric? 

I really. truly think that politics being injected into everything doesn't really account for most of the "ratings" decline. I think it's representative of the fact that the way people consume entertainment and how they choose to spend their time has changed dramatically over the last two decades. 

You can see it in MLB ratings (look at the swings relative to markets involved in the WS, even small market ones compared to the past), NFL ratings, NCAA football ratings, NASCAR! ratings, the number of movie tickets sold, TV ratings in general (the biggest show today wouldn't touch those that were big in the 90's/early 2000's). Sure, some things will spike back up due to intense interest in certain scenarios/events, but the larger trend straight across the board is downward. I guess the NBA is possibly an outlier, but those guys aren't political at all, right? (Ohhhh, heeeey, wait a minute)

Hollywood as ALWAYS been political, so it's not like that's a new development. There are more awesome television shows than ever before, there's just crap ton of them and there are a billion different ways for people to watch them, both paid/accounted for and not.

Sure, there are some goofballs who can't get over themselves just like some of the Hollywood people can't and thus refuse to watch stuff generated by Hollywood, but more than anything it's representative of a giant shift in terms of how we consume things.

You don't blame the fall of the actual printed newspaper on political content, do you? After all, I've heard all my life about the liberal news media. People still consume news, it's just coming from different places.

This is largely all about fragmentation.