• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

1 minute ago, Crampknees said:

Had a Carolina burger in Hilton Head.  Is it the one with chili and everything else?  Had a hard time finishing the back nine. 

Yes chilli slaw mustard and onions. I’m surprised they serve them that far south. Hell I was 22 in California before I knew burgers weren’t that way everywhere. I remember ordering sweet tea in Cali and people not knowing what the hell it was. One place brought me some hot tea 

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

Ex-Treasury sec warns Americans will have to lose jobs to ease inflation

The U.S. unemployment rate must rise before Americans see any relief from inflation, economist and former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers said Monday.

U.S. inflation is sitting at roughly 8.6% year-over-year, the highest point in 40 years, and shows no signs of slowing down. Summers argues the U.S. must sustain a jobless rate of more than 5% for five years if inflation is to drop.

"We need five years of unemployment above 5% to contain inflation – in other words, we need two years of 7.5% unemployment or five years of 6% unemployment or one year of 10% unemployment," Summers said in a London speech, according to Bloomberg.

"There are numbers that are remarkably discouraging relative to the Fed Reserve view," he added.

The U.S. unemployment rate currently sits at 3.6%.

Summers' statement came hours after President Joe Biden argued that a recession was not "inevitable." He said he came to that conclusion after a conversation with Summers.

"Economists are saying that a recession is more likely than ever," a reporter can be heard saying to Biden on a beach.

"Now you sound like a Republican politician, I'm joking, that was a joke, that was a joke," Biden said. "But all kidding aside, no I don't think it is. I was talking to Larry Summers this morning, there's nothing inevitable about a recession."

During a Sunday appearance on NBC, Summers himself had predicted that a recession was likely. Several high powered CEOs have also begun bracing for a recession.

"My best guess is that a recession is ahead. I base that on the fact that we haven't had a situation like the present with inflation above 4% and unemployment beyond 4% without a recession following within a year or two. And so I think the likelihood is that in order to do what's necessary to stop inflation the Fed is going to raise interest rates enough that the economy will slip into a recession," Summers said this weekend.

How to kill the economy by the Dems

Raise interest and lay people off

Edited by Redondo

27 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

It's weird how unemployment is so low.  And yet places can't fill all their vacancies in positions.  Where did all these people who used to fill these positions go?  They can't all be Uber drivers and Amazon package deliverers.

At home sitting on their ass 

18 hours ago, Crampknees said:

So did the Second Amendment say the creation of civilian forces to counteract a tyrannical federal government, or civilian forces will be used to facilitate creating a tyrannical federal government?  I know what some of y'all can't wait for. 

Luckily he's not very good at "RINO hunting" because it appears they ambushed an empty house.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

At home sitting on their ass 

This. Once someone quits looking for a job they aren’t counted in unemployment. The government plays fuck fuck games with the statistics just like they do inflation. If they counted inflation the same way they did in the Carter years it would be over 13%. I don’t think the average American or the average person on the AW politics board understands how absolutely fucked our economy is. They will soon though. 

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

Ex-Treasury sec warns Americans will have to lose jobs to ease inflation

The U.S. unemployment rate must rise before Americans see any relief from inflation, economist and former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers said Monday.

U.S. inflation is sitting at roughly 8.6% year-over-year, the highest point in 40 years, and shows no signs of slowing down. Summers argues the U.S. must sustain a jobless rate of more than 5% for five years if inflation is to drop.

"We need five years of unemployment above 5% to contain inflation – in other words, we need two years of 7.5% unemployment or five years of 6% unemployment or one year of 10% unemployment," Summers said in a London speech, according to Bloomberg.

"There are numbers that are remarkably discouraging relative to the Fed Reserve view," he added.

The U.S. unemployment rate currently sits at 3.6%.

Summers' statement came hours after President Joe Biden argued that a recession was not "inevitable." He said he came to that conclusion after a conversation with Summers.

"Economists are saying that a recession is more likely than ever," a reporter can be heard saying to Biden on a beach.

"Now you sound like a Republican politician, I'm joking, that was a joke, that was a joke," Biden said. "But all kidding aside, no I don't think it is. I was talking to Larry Summers this morning, there's nothing inevitable about a recession."

During a Sunday appearance on NBC, Summers himself had predicted that a recession was likely. Several high powered CEOs have also begun bracing for a recession.

"My best guess is that a recession is ahead. I base that on the fact that we haven't had a situation like the present with inflation above 4% and unemployment beyond 4% without a recession following within a year or two. And so I think the likelihood is that in order to do what's necessary to stop inflation the Fed is going to raise interest rates enough that the economy will slip into a recession," Summers said this weekend.

How to kill the economy by the Dems

Raise interest and lay people off

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

This. Once someone quits looking for a job they aren’t counted in unemployment. The government plays fuck fuck games with the statistics just like they do inflation. If they counted inflation the same way they did in the Carter years it would be over 13%. I don’t think the average American or the average person on the AW politics board understands how absolutely fucked our economy is. They will soon though. 

So if this is correct.  Then it should be mission accomplished already.  If they are looking to cut another 6-10%, would that then make it a depression?

Odds of US economy sliding into recession next year jumps to 40%, Bank of America says

Bank of America Global Research strategists have ratcheted up the odds of an economic downturn to 40% in 2023, with gross domestic product – the broadest measure of goods and services produced in a nation – slowing to almost zero by the second half of next year.

14 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Odds of US economy sliding into recession next year jumps to 40%, Bank of America says

Bank of America Global Research strategists have ratcheted up the odds of an economic downturn to 40% in 2023, with gross domestic product – the broadest measure of goods and services produced in a nation – slowing to almost zero by the second half of next year.

40% is actually better than I expected.

I think Elon waited too long to move from Calolfornia.

Elon Musk’s child plans to change name, cut ties with magnate dad: Reports

One of Elon Musk’s children has expressed a desire to change her name and sever ties to her billionaire father.

Musk’s child, who was formerly known as 18-year-old Xavier Alexander Musk, said in a Los Angeles County Superior Court filing she is also changing her gender identity from male to female, Reuters reports.

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Why? Mom shares in the family wealth. I doubt allowances have been changed in the smallest amount. 

Wrong. 

Her mother is Justine, Elon's ex-wife. Justine is not a billionaire.

"Justine chose to go public and appeared on CNBC’s Divorce Wars, which irritated Musk to no end. She also started a blog in which she stated that she wanted a Tesla Roadster, 5% of SpaceX stock, $6 million in cash, and 10% of Tesla stock. Several publications labeled her a “gold digger,” but she clarified in a later post that her husband was one of the wealthiest men in the world and the father of her children."

"The couple was eventually awarded joint custody of their five children. Musk eventually agreed to a settlement of $2 million in cash, $80,000 in monthly alimony, and the Tesla Roadster. He also agreed to pay child support for an additional 17 years. Justine has stated that she does not regret her marriage or divorce and that she has come to terms with it."