• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

In all seriousness, most Trumpers would go back off if the libs would settle down. They’re not politically motivated by nature. Libs just don’t know when to kit. Don’t mess with a rednecks family and guns. All the left needs to do is back off the anti American LGBT bs in our schools, stop punishing success , and start punishing criminals. Do those three things and they would be surprised at trumpers willingness to compromise on welfare and green energy. Todays libs have no intent on compromise so yes there is a growing movement on the right to literally kick their ass

9 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Sorry, bub, I don't suffer fools.  You clearly no nothing about anything.  So why do you expect me to formulate a detailed argument for the childish bigots who don't believe in reality anymore?  If you read elsewhere the evidence I did in fact provide on gun violence, you know very well that I do more than post insults.  Do a little research on gun ownership and gun violence, and you'll find that it remains a subject needing much more research but what we have in the stats suggests strongly that the arguments favored by hardcore gun fanatics are false, misleading or downright baseless. From the Washington Post and other sources:

"Just 3 percent of American adults own half of the nation's firearms, according to the results of a Harvard-Northeastern survey of 4,000 gun owners.

The survey's findings support other research showing that as overall rates of gun ownership has declined, the number of firearms in circulation has skyrocketed. The implication is that there are more guns in fewer hands than ever before. The top 3 percent of American adults own, on average, 17 guns apiece, according to the survey's estimates.

The survey is particularly useful to researchers because it asked respondents not just whether they own guns, but how many and what types of guns they own. This makes for one of the clearest pictures yet of American gun ownership, showing the concentration of most guns in the hands of a small fraction of American adults."

Citing other credible sources, consider this:

"Surveys continue to find that a majority of gun owners believe they are safer with a gun in their homes. And many gun rights activists, supported by a long-standing narrative from the NRA, continue to argue that “a good guy with a gun” can save people from gun violence. But numerous studies have found that self-defensive gun use to prevent or combat violence is rare: A 2015 Harvard study, for example, found that people defended themselves with a gun in less than 1% of 14,000 crimes from 2007-11.

By contrast, research has shown that it’s far more likely a gun in the home will be used for suicide or homicide than for self-defense. One of the first was a landmark study published in the New England Journal of Medicine in 1993, which found that keeping a gun in the home was “strongly and independently associated” with an increased risk of homicide. The authors also found that people who keep guns in the home are three times more likely to be a homicide victim as people who do not.

More recently, a 2014 review of the research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine also found that access to firearms was associated with a doubled risk for homicide and a tripled risk for suicide.

And a study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine in July 2019 found that for each 10% increase in household gun ownership rates, there was a significant (13%) increased incidence of domestic firearm homicide.

Gun sales have surged during the COVID-19 pandemic and ahead of the 2020 presidential election. According to the widely cited Small Arms Analytics & Forecasting consulting firm, total firearm sales in August 2020 alone exceeded sales for the entirety of 2019.

Research from the University of California, Davis, has linked the recent surge in firearm sales to an 8% increase in violence across the U.S. And it seems possible that the surge in gun sales could also lead to an increase in accidental gun deaths, which is what happened in 2013 following a surge in gun sales after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting."

In other words, I have some sources, and you've given us nothing by contrast.  Do your homework and stop expecting me to provide more factoids for the fools.

Does any of your gun research use racial demographics? If not , it’s certainly incompetent 

11 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Sorry, bub, I don't suffer fools.  You clearly no nothing about anything.  So why do you expect me to formulate a detailed argument for the childish bigots who don't believe in reality anymore?  If you read elsewhere the evidence I did in fact provide on gun violence, you know very well that I do more than post insults.  Do a little research on gun ownership and gun violence, and you'll find that it remains a subject needing much more research but what we have in the stats suggests strongly that the arguments favored by hardcore gun fanatics are false, misleading or downright baseless. From the Washington Post and other sources:

"Just 3 percent of American adults own half of the nation's firearms, according to the results of a Harvard-Northeastern survey of 4,000 gun owners.

The survey's findings support other research showing that as overall rates of gun ownership has declined, the number of firearms in circulation has skyrocketed. The implication is that there are more guns in fewer hands than ever before. The top 3 percent of American adults own, on average, 17 guns apiece, according to the survey's estimates.

The survey is particularly useful to researchers because it asked respondents not just whether they own guns, but how many and what types of guns they own. This makes for one of the clearest pictures yet of American gun ownership, showing the concentration of most guns in the hands of a small fraction of American adults."

"Surveys continue to find that a majority of gun owners believe they are safer with a gun in their homes. And many gun rights activists, supported by a long-standing narrative from the NRA, continue to argue that “a good guy with a gun” can save people from gun violence. But numerous studies have found that self-defensive gun use to prevent or combat violence is rare: A 2015 Harvard study, for example, found that people defended themselves with a gun in less than 1% of 14,000 crimes from 2007-11.

By contrast, research has shown that it’s far more likely a gun in the home will be used for suicide or homicide than for self-defense. One of the first was a landmark study published in the New England Journal of Medicine in 1993, which found that keeping a gun in the home was “strongly and independently associated” with an increased risk of homicide. The authors also found that people who keep guns in the home are three times more likely to be a homicide victim as people who do not.

More recently, a 2014 review of the research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine also found that access to firearms was associated with a doubled risk for homicide and a tripled risk for suicide.

And a study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine in July 2019 found that for each 10% increase in household gun ownership rates, there was a significant (13%) increased incidence of domestic firearm homicide.

Gun sales have surged during the COVID-19 pandemic and ahead of the 2020 presidential election. According to the widely cited Small Arms Analytics & Forecasting consulting firm, total firearm sales in August 2020 alone exceeded sales for the entirety of 2019.

Research from the University of California, Davis, has linked the recent surge in firearm sales to an 8% increase in violence across the U.S. And it seems possible that the surge in gun sales could also lead to an increase in accidental gun deaths, which is what happened in 2013 following a surge in gun sales after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting."

In other words, I have some sources, and you've given us nothing by contrast.  Do your homework and stop expecting me to provide more factoids for the fools.

What does  your research say about abortion and lgbt life expectancy? 

Edited by Kotchman

Just now, SurfWriter said:

(yawn) Oh gawd.  Now you're going to dismiss credible information and fall back on blatant racism as your argument.  Do your own research, starting with the bias of a eugenics supporter and purveyor of racist tropes.

Are you saying there is no difference in gun statistics based on race? White oriole kill themselves at a high rate and blacks kill others at a 5 times higher rate than their percentage of the population. Those statistics can’t be ignored in a honest debate 

5 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Did you read what I posted or just use the standard reactionary post-blind approach?  Are you going to share your bigoted research sponsored by Alex Jonestown?  I'm sure whatever you tell us will be 100% credible coming from a meathead who touts Liberty, Guns, Beer and Trumputin.

You’re obviously a concerned citizens. I’m willing to discuss some gun limitations. What’s your solution to the 1 million babies killed yearly and the 30-60% suicide rate amongst lgbt. I don’t make up the lgbt statistics. Statistics do suggest it’s not a lifestyle best suited for longevity. Why would your party promote an unhealthy lifestyle?

Edited by Kotchman

6 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Did you read what I posted or just use the standard reactionary post-blind approach?  Are you going to share your bigoted research sponsored by Alex Jonestown?  I'm sure whatever you tell us will be 100% credible coming from a meathead who touts Liberty, Guns, Beer and Trumputin.

Alex Jonestown is pretty good. 

senator-palpatine-anakin-skywalker.gif

54 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

No, the true measure of a citizen is knowing what's real, supporting legitimate disagreements based on evidence and rational judgment, but staunchly opposing what is both false and harmful to the country and its fragile democracy.  I've heard the views of countless Trumputin fans for years now, and they are irrational, ignorant, bigoted BS that any sensible person will reject.  This isn't about "disagreement" where both sides have some worthy points.  There is NO legitimate argument in favor of Trump's Big Lie or the sick, corrupt, anti-democratic R swamp gang.  If you think that "side" is honorable and has a shred of reality or decency to it, you support baseless, mendacious and destructive views that are undermining our country.  As for "discourse" and "dialogue," don't try to pretend this site contains or encourages such conversation.  When I try to post more substantive arguments, I get a few snotty juvenile insults in sentence fragments. 

Do not!

31 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

*know 

Just now, SurfWriter said:

Man, you're exposing more of your ugly underbelly with each attempt to justify your rank bigotry.  "just don't know when to kit (sic)"  Actually, your blind hatred, fear-mongering, culture war obsession and desire for violence is exactly what characterizes so many on the right, so maybe you should blame yourself for those on the left criticizing the mindless trumpuke extremism rather than claiming that extremism is the result of "libs" cursing America.  Don't talk to us about being "anti-American" when it's the entire R party going off a cliff with the cries of white nationalism, support of a deranged and corrupt demagogue Trump, authoritarian resistance to legitimate election results, rigging the electoral process in states across the country to block voters they consider a threat and taking control out of the hands of nonpartisan election officials to give that power to partisan operatives.  But you want those who actually support holding the line against such anti-American extremism to "back off" and let the R swamp gang do its thing, with a little help from their fiends--the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, Ginni Thomas, Kevin McCarthy and the rest of the sick thugs, demagogues and traitors.  Stand by.

Nothing you said addresses the stats of black violence, abortion, or the life expectancy of lgbt citizens. I’m for a safer healthier America. The stats don’t lie. Now you want gun concessions. What are you willing to concede on the 3 issues I want to address 

1 minute ago, cals said:

Make fun if you want but you forget that not only am I a musician but I am a visual artist as well.  I enjoy art.  Don’t make me queer or nothing.

Ever been to the The Galleria dell'Accademia di Firenze?