• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

Overdose deaths hit record levels after Oregon decriminalizes hard drugs

The streets of downtown Portland, Oregon, resemble an open-air drug market. 

Heroin, meth and fentanyl use is rampant and often visible on city streets. Portland police officers drive by homeless addicts buying and using. 

The signs of drug addiction are actually increasing throughout the state, according to law enforcement sources. Oregon ranks second-highest among U.S. states for substance abuse with nearly one in five adults addicted.  

In November 2020, voters overwhelmingly passed Measure 110. The Drug Addiction Treatment and Recovery Act secured 58% of the votes and decriminalized possession of small amounts of hard drugs such as heroin, meth, cocaine and fentanyl.

The new law made possession of those substances no more than a Class E violation, the equivalent of a traffic ticket punishable by a maximum $100 fine. But the fine is dismissed when someone who is fined calls a help hotline, Lines for Life, and completes a health assessment. The idea is to connect drug abusers with services and treatment instead of putting them behind bars.  

Sixteen months into this first-in-the-nation experiment, the numbers paint a bleak picture. Drug overdose deaths hit an all-time high in 2021 with 1069, a 41% increase from 2020. And very few people are getting into treatment. According to The Lund Report, after one year, just 136 people had entered treatment, less than 1% of those helped by Measure 110. But the actual number may be even lower.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

There is no guessing as to why a deep blue district down in Texas flipped red for the first in 150 years. I thought Kamala was supposed to be working on this issue? 

Wasn't Trump supposed to build a wall to prevent this sort of thing?

Just now, tdawg87 said:

And yes, "bUt TrUmP", but it's relevant.

Also, I'm not finding this video or article anywhere else. I understand there's a migrant issue, and the Biden Admin. has done fuck all about it. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Yes and I know that isn’t going to stop anything unless all the other border policies are designed to discourage and prevent illegal immigration. It’s gotten worse since Biden took office. They do not care about this issue and it’s going to have a negative impact on them at the polls 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes and I know that isn’t going to stop anything unless all the other border policies are designed to discourage and prevent illegal immigration. It’s gotten worse since Biden took office. They do not care about this issue and it’s going to have a negative impact on them at the polls 

I don't think it will, because that's an actual issue that doesn't necessarily effect them directly. Plus there's a lot of Dems who support open borders.

Rising gas prices and rising prices of foodstuffs will have a bigger impact because it directly effects them. Also Biden sucks. We all know he was elected because he wasn't Trump. And the Dems don't have a better candidate, which is pathetic, though not surprising.

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't think it will, because that's an actual issue that doesn't necessarily effect them directly. Plus there's a lot of Dems who support open borders.

Rising gas prices and rising prices of foodstuffs will have a bigger impact because it directly effects them. Also Biden sucks. We all know he was elected because he wasn't Trump. And the Dems don't have a better candidate, which is pathetic, though not surprising.

Inflation is going to be the biggest factor in the upcoming election but I do think the border issues is going to significant as well. I’m confident there are a lot of registered democrat voters (not the hardcore ones) that do not like what is going on and may vote red as a result. We’ll see in a couple of months 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Inflation is going to be the biggest factor in the upcoming election but I do think the border issues is going to significant as well. I’m confident there are a lot of registered democrat voters (not the hardcore ones) that do not like what is going on and may vote red as a result. We’ll see in a couple of months 

Lmao no. Come on now.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Oh damn. A town in South Texas flipped red? OMG. 

But seriously, that's not surprising. If a town in New York flips red then I'll buy what you're selling.

California and New York are the hardcore ones I was referring to

5 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Republicans poured a ton of money into this race and it's going to get redistricted in November.

To "both sides" it, Dems did this with a few special elections in 2017 as well. 

Edited by St1ck

3 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Republicans poured a ton of money into this race and it's going to get redistricted in November.

It still sends a message that a seat that had been held by a democrat  since 1870 went to a Republican. Maybe it flips back after the redistricting but it may not be an automatic for the Dems. Like I said, we’ll see in November

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

People complain about their low paying jobs and then say illegal immigration doesn’t affect them directly. It’s baffling. 

17 hours ago, Kotchman said:

You’re welcome to ride up and join us. The angels aren’t in town until July. We will be in first place heading for the home stretch by then. 

What dates, I would fly up.  What's the best hotel to mingle where the girls at the bar don't have a dick under their skirt.