• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i wonder how many people were influenced enough by these actions to have actually changed their mind on voting for hillary to voting for trumpy. i'm not sure that's a measurable thing at this point.

There were those that voted for Jill Stein who appearently dines with Putin in Moscow.

QMC7XGHEKEI6PAZ7CVIDCVMP6Q.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/senate-intel-committee-investigating-jill-stein-campaign-for-collusion-with-the-russians/2017/12/18/ea7f3f1a-e44b-11e7-833f-155031558ff4_story.html?utm_term=.a4e3b89d22cc

Didn't Nate vote for Stein?

Edited by Blarg

On 2/20/2018 at 12:27 PM, Jason said:

I had a friend win an AR-15 in a raffle once. A police department actually did the raffle. They made thousands of dollars too. A bit odd for a kid's baseball team though 

My son's hockey team did a raffle for a pistol last season that was provided by a local gun store.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/22/588002860/florida-lawmakers-advance-bill-requiring-schools-to-display-in-god-we-trust?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180223

Priorities.

"It is not a secret that we have some gun issues that need to be addressed, but the real thing that needs to be addressed are issues of the heart," she said.

On 2/23/2018 at 1:09 PM, Tank said:

a completely empty gesture on their part that looks sincere but isn't, especially when compared to what florida legislators did (or didn't do) just one day earlier:

"Passage came one day after lawmakers in the House failed to pass a motion advancing a bill to ban assault rifles."

He used a semi automatic rifle. Putting the word "assault" in front of it doesn't mean shit. 

2 hours ago, LHalo said:

He used a semi automatic rifle. Putting the word "assault" in front of it doesn't mean shit. 

While the definition could use some attention and refinement, I think the bigger point is that Florida lawmakers had a chance to do something meaningful about the types of guns available to the public, and they chose to do nothing. 

12 hours ago, LHalo said:

Better to do nothing than to pass legislation that infringes citizens' constitutional rights. 

so just keep the status quo so we can keep having lots and lots of funerals for kids. right on, brother!

there's NO WAY we could ever be smart enough as a nation to figure out some reasonable solutions to this problem.

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

so just keep the status quo so we can keep having lots and lots of funerals for kids. right on, brother!

there's NO WAY we could ever be smart enough as a nation to figure out some reasonable solutions to this problem.

I think we are all fine with doing things and making changes. I just hope those changes are based on facts and not emotions

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Because you have your guns.  Take them away and you’d probably have to deal with some very uncomfortable feelings.

Perhaps gun dudes know that and why they’re so ardently pro guns.  They realize they’re one amendment repeal from taking it up the ass.

Honestly, I'd rather pitch than catch

34 minutes ago, Tank said:

so what are your suggestions?

1. Fix the background check system. There are obvious flaws in what we have now as jurisdictions suck at reporting to the NICS. Mental illness issues will be tough as there are HIPAA laws when it comes to reporting so there needs to be reform there. 

2. As far as schools, tighten security, by a lot. It's not pretty but protection of our kids supersedes that

3. Strictly enforce gun laws we have. Mandatory minimums for criminals who use a firearm in their crimes and strict sentences for parolees and other violent felons when they get caught in possession of a firearm. I don't care if it is racist.

4. If it can be proven that raising the age requirements for purchasing weapons will reduce incidents, then I am for that. I'm pretty sure it didn't matter in most shootings.

5. Temporary gun violence restraining orders sound like a great thing. 

6. The media should not name or show the identities of mass shooters. The crazy dudes that shoot places up idolize these people are often inspired by them. They always got to one up the previous guy. Who new Natural Born Killers was a documentary. 

7. I'm OK with outlawing straw purchases on any gun.

These are a few I can think of.